Another question about a riding lawnmower

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

llbcharlie

Original poster
May 24, 2011
Western PA
My mother recently passed away and she had a 2008 Husqvarna Model 2454 riding lawn mower. How can I find out a good ballpark figure of what it is worth?

I would say look on Craigslist for mowers of similar capacity and age. Be prepared that the answer is probably not as much as you would hope.

You can probably find higher priced listings elsewhere, but those will be for machines that don't sell or for dealers. A edealer may take your mower on consignment, but will charge a healthy commission.

I have no idea, but I've always considered riding lawnmowers to be a consumable item with little value once they are used and especially out of warranty. To be honest, it seems like the prices would be all over the place. For example, I just purchased a Husqvarna 54 w/Kawasaki 24HP engine new (got a good price), but I would rather have found a used 46-50" model since I really don't have any use for the mower should we sell our house in VA. In my case, I was willing to pay $600 for a 3-year old mower in good shape with about 100-hours on the engine. That's what it was worth to me since the mower was out of warranty and I could face potential major repairs on the engine, transmission or cutting deck. In my case, I would just as soon fork-over $1699 for a new mower (especially since I know how well it has been maintained) than shell out more than $600 and deal with unknown reliability and repair issues. However, I was surprised how much people thought their 15-20 year old rusty, ugly riding mowers were worth. I remember someome asking $700 for a 38" Craftsman that was over 25-years old. Sorry, but that mower was worth $0 to me. You may want to take a Craigslist in your area.

Sorry about your mother.

You might want to check with a couple of local dealers. If you don't hit them up when they're busy, like on a Saturday, most will give you a rough idea what you might be able to get for it. You might even get an offer, although it would probably be less than if you sold it yourself. Still, if you don't want the hassle, it might be worth considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts