another question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

grim_reaper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2016
at my pc
under a flex pay acct. does dish charge a movers fee.. i chatted with a rep and they said that there would not be any charge to relocate service because i own the equipment.. for some reason that don't sound right..

and is there a way to hide a 4k joey behind a t.v.

Last edited:
under a flex pay acct. does dish charge a movers fee.. i chatted with a rep and they said that there would not be any charge to relocate service because i own the equipment.. for some reason that don't sound right..

Would you already have the dish and proper wiring at the "moved" location just to hook up and go? If not, you certainly would be charged for a new install.

Same rules apply, 1 year from last activation. If service disconnects and then restarts, that is a new activation. Also 12 months from previous move.

Would you already have the dish and proper wiring at the "moved" location just to hook up and go? If not, you certainly would be charged for a new install.
i agree that's what i thought that there would be an install charge understandable since there giving out a techs time and equipment. a free install just didn't sound right LOL:rolleyes.. though i think an movers connection is cheaper if you have the protection plan..

as long as i can freeze my acct and pick up where i left off and i dont loose what ever remaining month then i'm cool!!!

i agree that's what i thought that there would be an install charge understandable since there giving out a techs time and equipment. a free install just didn't sound right LOL:rolleyes.. though i think an movers connection is cheaper if you have the protection plan..

as long as i can freeze my acct and pick up where i left off and i dont loose what ever remaining month then i'm cool!!!
Do yourself a favor and stop asking CSRs. If you want a definitive answer on ANYTHING, go through DIRT!

Reactions: TNGTony
If you are doing the "Dish mover" program, that is free. No install charge with the restrictions noted by Chad. It's been years, but when I moved, the installed a new dish at my house, wired it up and installed my old (owned) receivers at no charge using the "Dish Mover" program.

Reactions: ChadT41
Same rules apply, 1 year from last activation. If service disconnects and then restarts, that is a new activation. Also 12 months from previous move.[/QUOTE
are we thinking alike i was thinking of having a new install done after i move.. not renewing my monthly package??? i know if i let my service drop off there another months charge for that. what i am saying is that i thought a free install sounded fishy eve
Do yourself a favor and stop asking CSRs. If you want a definitive answer on ANYTHING, go through DIRT!
i sure will take your advice and contact the DIRT team after it took 15 times just to get a canned response!!!

We're here to help. Private message me to access your account. We can set up movers and I can verify fees. The 4k Joey doesn't have a vertical stand like the other Joey's.

Reactions: TNGTony
No problem. That's the way I did mine. And if you have a wall mount use a longer bolt with a nut so the head sticks out some.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)