OTA on Hopper3 question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gregleg

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Considering going from 2 Hoppers plus a Joey to a Hopper 3 plus 2 Joeys.

The Hopper in the sunroom has an OTA adapter, the one in the mancave does not (because there's currently no easy way to run the antenna down there :) )

If we switch I'd love to put the H3 in the mancave and replace the Hopper in the sunroom with a Joey, but it'd be nice to still use the OTA, and much, MUCH easier to leave that in the sunroom. Can the USB OTA adapter be hooked up to the Joey and have the H3 make use of it, or is that not going to work as intended?

If OTA, specifically recording OTA programming is important to you, then you should avoid the H3 for now. Recording OTA programming is pretty much useless right now, and there doesn't seem to be any priority on getting it fixed at the moment. Most OTA recordings are full of audio skips and video pixeling. Live OTA works most of the time.

Reactions: JSheridan
Live OTA works fair on Hooper3, but is NOT usable on Joey 2.0 yet. Unless you want to see pixelation every 2 seconds, even on "Live" broadcasts.

And as mentioned above there doesn't seem to be any concern from Dish on these issues. Rather frustrating.

Reactions: D. Manley
Live OTA works fair on Hooper3, but is NOT usable on Joey 2.0 yet. Unless you want to see pixelation every 2 seconds, even on "Live" broadcasts.

And as mentioned above there doesn't seem to be any concern from Dish on these issues. Rather frustrating.

Here is what is funny. My CBS recordings that audio blip every 1 second on the H3, can be viewed on the Joey 2.0 and only have some pixellation issues every now and then. I got through a few of my troubled OTA recordings this way.

can be viewed on the Joey 2.0 and only have some pixellation issues every now and then.

Interesting that they worked for you that way with the Joey 2. I tried watching some on my Wireless Joey a while back, but in those instances, the playback was just as messed up on the WJ as it was on the H3.

Yeah, I record Supernatural and the wife does not watch it. All 3 OTA recordings that were jacked up on the H3 played back ok on the Joey 2.0. Some breakup in pic, but not the constant audio blips. Same with Supergirl.

OK, thanks all. OTA isn't critical in this house, we mostly just use it for a few subchannels, but it would be nice. I'll have to investigate it it's possible to run another length of coax to that room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts