another quick question or 2

bryce600rr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
just wondering how does a HDTV in my house recieve a HD signal from my reciever that is connected to a different tv? example is: i have a VIP222 reciever downstairs connected to a tv, it also runs a HDTV in my guest room.. how does the tv in my guest room recieve HD signal?? is there something i need to setup in the menu for tv in the guest room??

just wondering how does a HDTV in my house recieve a HD signal from my reciever that is connected to a different tv? example is: i have a VIP222 reciever downstairs connected to a tv, it also runs a HDTV in my guest room.. how does the tv in my guest room recieve HD signal?? is there something i need to setup in the menu for tv in the guest room??

The 222 is a dual tuner receiver that provides programming to one SDTV (TV2) and one HDTV (TV1). The HDTV needs to get the signal from either the HDMI port or the Component port on the back of the 222 receiver. HDMI carries both audio and video; component carries only video so a separate audio line has to be run with component. To provide independent programming to both TVs, the receiver must be in shared view. Disabling shared view results in TV1 only having use of the receiver.

ok so if i got this right, the recievers that i have, can only run HD to the tv that it is connected to via HDMI or Component cables? right? thanks for the help guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)