Another rant- I hate Blackberry!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
RIM is on the defense big time - hard to forget the times each user was paying some $300+ per month.
It looks like one of the most important metrics is online traffic generated by the platform (i.e. directly proportional to ad revenue).

admob_feb10_us_share.png

While being on par with iPhone 18 month ago, it is hardly a competitor anymore...

Chart taken from report discussed here
http://satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=202031&page=3

Diogen.

Yeah, if you want any kind of online functionality that spreads into wanting a lot more out of your phone, and fundamentally Blackberry phones don't allow for much. With Droids and iphones, there is literally 'an app for that' for damn near everything, and if it isn't out it's coming, with little chance of that flexibility on current relatively poorly supported Blackberry devices.

Well, have to keep in mind, the graph is a bit misleading, i.e. normalized to 100%... while the traffic increased 5 times!
Most of the traffic is generated outside the business world! And that reflects mind share that ultimately converts into market share...

Unless the iPad and iPhone 4 are smashing successes, Android is going to win this battle.

Diogen.

This would be sweet if it turns out to be in fact a future Berry OS

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/19/blackberry-os-6-0-leaked-or-just-more-rim-mockups/
yep. saw that a couple of weeks ago. it would be great. the only issue i still see is that the upcoming bb models are still behind in the resolution department compared to many phones already out today. RIM needs to get with it. the slider that is due to come out probably in the summer is attractive except for the issue that they are still sticking with a resolution of 360x480. they should throw in a 480x800 WVGA screen like the droid has i believe. especially on the slider since it does have a larger screen. phones like ours really wouldn't make that much of a difference to have a higher resolution.

This would be sweet if it turns out to be in fact a future Berry OS
Watch out, Apple might sue them, too...:)

The next iPhone is rumored to be getting a 960x640 AMOLED screen.
Not sure you really need this on a 4" screen, but it most likely will be noticeable...

Diogen.

Having had a WinMo XV6800, Storm 1, Tour and now the Droid. I prefer the Droid. My company wouldnt allow me on the BES. At this point I am glad. The Droid is more flexible and quicker than them all.

I also own an iTouch. I think both the Droid and iTouch virtual keyboards are nearly the same. I run exchange on both, paid for Touchdown so I have my work email.

Even with the talk of VZW iPhone for the 700th time not sure I would get it. I like the flexibility of doing what a want and not what company tells me.

I like the flexibility of doing what a want and not what company tells me.

Agreed whether it be Apple telling me or BlackBerry (employer) telling me.

But, this is not an issue for most users. We are a peculiar group as we are mostly into tinkering with stuff on our phones. Apple makes it easy for non tinkerers to get stuff added to customize their iphones. BB is controlled by the employer policies in large companies like my wife works for. My daughter and soninlaw have iphones and love them but while they are not tinkerers, they have custom apps loaded they love. Apple made it easy to do. My wife had her BB phone, modified and crippled, she was told which model she had to buy, and then they shut down her other e-mail addresses only allowing company e-mail. She is not a tinkerer but hates the BB because that is the way of the phone, forcing her to jump through hoops to do what she used to do with ease on her WinMobile device. If the service was good, she would be a perfect candidate for an iphone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts