"Another RARE occurrence" haha Twins vs Rays blackout

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nitemare

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
oh
So here we go again, another week, another weekend, another game I CANT watch..even though I pay $200 for this trash package.

Twins vs. Rays - DirecTV says check my local listings. Well guess what - its not on my 'local listings'. Right now my 'local listings' are showing the Nats vs Mets.

I dont live in MINN. I dont live in Tampa. I live in OH.

So, let me here it again guys. Remind me again.

Its another RARE blackout, right? Just another one.. Hahahahahhaa

exactly

Don't blame D* or EI....blame Fox. They have the rights to the games today between 3-6:00 Central time

boy that sucks you get the Nats game....and why? Oh yeah..."God" is pitching:rolleyes:

Not 'God', but 'Jesus' is the correct term. Yes, I dont mind watching Jesus, but I also would like to watch Liriano too. It just upsets me every single week there are games I can not watch. I do blame DirectTV because they should do not make it clear that you will miss atleast 1 GAME a week (probably more) due to black outs. That is alot IMO. I dont care if they dont have control - make it clear (or reduce the price) since every single week I cant watch a game.

Here is another game I cant watch right now:
Marlins vs. Braves.

It says its on 624 (FSE),But 624 does not exist. I hit the button to go there, nothing happens.

So here is a SECOND game I cant watch.

from the D* site

MLB Extra Innings 2010

The 2010 MLB EXTRA INNINGS package is now available for a special early bird price of $199.96 (or 4 payments of $49.99).

With MLB EXTRA INNINGS you'll have access to over 80 out of market games each week including up to 40 games in HD.

For more information and to order MLB EXTRA INNINGS, please visit our web site at directv.com/mlb.

Here's some important information about this year's package:

* MLB EXTRA INNINGS shows out of market games during the regular season. (April 5 - October 3, 2010)
* The MLB EXTRA INNINGS can be found on channels 722-749.
* HD games are available on channels 722-1 to 749-1 with a subscription to MLB EXTRA INNINGS and HD ACCESS.
* Blackout restrictions will apply as determined by MLB and the networks. See directv.com/blackouts to learn more.
* In market games will be shown on your Regional Sports Network (RSN) or a local channel.
* MLB games that start after 5 PM ET on Sundays are only available on ESPN, ESPN2 and local RSN, not in MLB EXTRA INNINGS.
* MLB games that start before 7 PM ET on Saturdays, are only on FOX stations, not in MLB EXTRA INNINGS.

So, now there are 2 games I cant watch.

DirecTV needs to change their statement to:

Every week, you are GUARANTEED to not get atleast 1 game or more.

Every week, you are GUARANTEED to not get atleast 1 game or more.
well you're right...every week there are games that are not televised at all so you can't see those anyways.

Did you expect to see EVERY game? If so you will be disappointed. D* says "With up to 80 out-of-market games a week"

today there are 12 out of 16 games available on EI...the only game not on Big Fox that isnt on EI is Brewers/Cards. They start at 5:35 CDT which is in the blackout window

well you're right...every week there are games that are not televised at all so you can't see those anyways.

Did you expect to see EVERY game? If so you will be disappointed. D* says "With up to 80 out-of-market games a week"

today there are 12 out of 16 games available on EI...the only game not on Big Fox that isnt on EI is Brewers/Cards. They start at 5:35 CDT which is in the blackout window

Son of a bitch. Was just going to check the guide to see if I was going to be able to see that game. My friend is a HUGE Tardinals fan....I was hoping the Brewers would whip them tonight.

Its on 669 for us in the Brewers Market in Minnesota (Rochester/SE MN and Duluth/NE MN)...we can see it but its not on EI

FSN Wisco games on 669
WMLW games are on RSN Alt...the last couple have been on 658 (next one is the 24th)

pregame on now on 669

Its on 669 for us in the Brewers Market in Minnesota (Rochester/SE MN and Duluth/NE MN)...we can see it but its not on EI

FSN Wisco games on 669
WMLW games are on RSN Alt...the last couple have been on 658 (next one is the 24th)

Thanks for the info. I realized that after I posted and was just going to edit it. DUH! MLB EI.....

no worries...you're getting use to this :)

Tomorrow's Twins game that is on My29 is on 658 btw....it shows in the guide but when you click "channels I get" it doesnt show....known glitch (I asked about it the other day)

Sunday Twins games seem to be on 658 now which is good. The first couple weeks they bounced around on the alt channels

FSN Wisco games on 669

pregame on now on 669

Actually St. Louis-Milwaukee WAS on EI but JIP right when the FOX window ended (4PM PT/7PM ET). It was on 744.

Yea, I noticed that too. I got MLB.TV (Thank You DISH) and was just about ready to tune in to watch the Rays finish off the Twins and had the same issue with blackouts.

The whole MLB blackout thing is a joke. You already got people paying a premimum price for the package, either include it in the package or give us the option to upgrade to a bigger package that includes it. Not being able to get the game period is just a fricken joke!

I agree stonecold

especially with the Fox GOTW.....you should get one on your local Fox and the others should be in EI so you can CHOOSE which game you want to see

... especially with the Fox GOTW.....you should get one on your local Fox and the others should be in EI so you can CHOOSE which game you want to see

Just thought of something regarding this: Usually there are three games being covered by FOX ... those are the only games that will be available for viewing anywhere during that time period. Question is, if the game you want to see if not one of those three, is there even a TV crew there to produce a broadcast? Why would they roll a truck and all those people to televise game, if nobody is going to see it???

I'm confused as to what you're asking. When Fox has 3 games **usually** the "2 big ones" are split across the US and the 3rd game is usually available only in the participating teams market. Of course when its the Yanks or Red Sox involved (or in the case of yesterday...God pitching) most of the country gets that game.
Yesterday we had Kenny Albert (pxp) and Bert Blyleven (who does the Twins games for FSN anyways) as the announcers.

It probably is the same crew that does the FSN games so there probably isnt that many extra people. The truck and everything is there.

As for the games that are not in EI due to the blackout window and ARENT on Fox at all, either the teams just dont televise it (seen that a few times) or its just for the local audience which in some markets is huge

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts