Another Refund Nightmare - Check out their BBB report - TERRIBLE!

haldol

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
http://www.bbbnewyork.org/businessreports/Default.aspx?id=76866

So, not to bore everyone with the details, but Voom is now not refunding my service charges for the months that my service didn't work but was billed on my credit card. When I stopped my service, the supervisor assured me these funds. Subsequent calls confirmed this. NOW, Voom states they have no documentation to support a refund.

So, in a fit of rage, I went to file a BBB complaint (done only one other time in my life) and found that many other people have the same complaints and Voom has one of the worse reports out there.

Voom will be out of business shortly and I can't wait. I would caution anyone from giving Voom your credit card.

Thanks for posting the link. No question it is totally inexcusable, and Voom needs to turn it around now.

But in the big picture, 29 complaints (some resolved) out of 30,000 subscribers? Is that a big deal?

If "Voom will be going out of business shortly..." as you predict, it will have to be over much bigger issues than this.

If you look at other companies, VERY few large corporations have unsatisfactory records with the BBB. The reason being is other companies address and resolve their disputes with their customers using the BBB as a mediator should they need to. All Voom has to do is respond to the BBB investigation and it gets put into the pending category and does not become part of their rating. Voom's lack of response to multiple complaints is the issue.

haldol said:
Voom will be out of business shortly and I can't wait...

If I were you I would rather wish they stay in business - at least until you get your money back, don't you think? ;)

1080iBeVuMin said:
Thanks for posting the link. No question it is totally inexcusable, and Voom needs to turn it around now.

But in the big picture, 29 complaints (some resolved) out of 30,000 subscribers? Is that a big deal?

If "Voom will be going out of business shortly..." as you predict, it will have to be over much bigger issues than this.

I agree with the premise, but, when you look at a similiar company that has over 20,000,000 subs the ratio is indeed alarming.

http://www.bbbnewyork.org/businessr...177&page=1&NameValue=Direct TV&action=search1

3 total complaints in the last 1-3 years and 0,,,>>>ZERO<<< in the last year show a main issue Voom needs to overcome.

For every 1 complaint filed, there are probably 100 who are in the same boat but have not filed.

Madtown HD Junkie said:
I agree with the premise, but, when you look at a similiar company that has over 20,000,000 subs the ratio is indeed alarming.

http://www.bbbnewyork.org/businessr...177&page=1&NameValue=Direct TV&action=search1

3 total complaints in the last 1-3 years and 0,,,>>>ZERO<<< in the last year show a main issue Voom needs to overcome.
Okay, you made your point.

I just can't believe anybody smart enough to come up with the Voom concept, and take it as far as they have, would be so clueless about customer service. They got the hard part right.

Here is another DBS provider with bad record:

http://www.sandiego.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=17001183

DirectTV - Hughes Network System
8830 Siempre Viva Rd #600
San Diego, CA 92154

General Information

Principal : Mr Charles McClain Director Customer Service
Phone Number: (800) 347-3272
Fax Number: (301) 428-1656
Membership Status: No
Type-of-Business Classification: Satellite / Antenna Sales & Service

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to a pattern of complaints. The company has resolved some complaints presented by the Bureau; however, some complaints remain unresolved. Complaints are concerning
consumers are ordering the Direct TV and are being told they will get rebates on the product. They find out after installation that they have to qualify for the rebates and most consumers have not qualified. Consumer complaints are also alleging that they are told they can discontinue service when they move to another service area and not be charged a cancellation fee yet when they move, they are being charged to cancel. The company is also unsatisfactory due to unanswered complaints.

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 36 Months: 61
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 20

Complaints Concerned
Advertising Issues: 4
Outcome of all complaints -
Resolved: 2; Company did not respond: 2

Sales Issues: 2
Delayed Resolution: 2

Delivery Issues: 1
Outcome of the complaint -
Resolved: 1

Repair or Service Issues: 10
Resolved: 5; Unresolved: 1; Delayed Resolution: 2;
Company made every reasonable effort to Resolve: 1; Company did
not respond: 1

Product Quality Issues: 3
Resolved: 1; Delayed Resolution: 1; Company did not
respond: 1

Refund or Exchange Issues: 17
Resolved: 10; Unresolved: 1; Delayed Resolution: 4;
Company made every reasonable effort to Resolve: 1; Company did
not respond: 1

Contract Issues: 2
Resolved: 2

Customer Service Issues: 13
Resolved: 9; Delayed Resolution: 3; Company did not
respond: 1

Credit or Billing Issues: 9
Resolved: 4; Delayed Resolution: 1; Company did not
respond: 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts