Copy Protection on?

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
:mad: I set a recording for the 2 hour Aliens special last night from 10:15 to 12:15 (cinema 105?) and when I checked my recordings this morning, my recorder was sitting on a screen with a copy inhibit error which has to be cleared before another recording can fire, causing several other shows to not record. :mad:

Maybe it was just a glitch?

I thought the "Aliens Saga" program was on Monsters-HD. Are you sure you recorded the correct channel? As far as I understand it copy protection only applies to Firewire (digital signal) not the analog output (like s-video or composite). Correct me if I am wrong? I record through composite all the time to timeshift programs and haven't experienced copy protection.

You're right, Sean, I remember now that I left my Voom stb on the MonstersHD channel at around 10:10 PM and set my recorder to fire at 10:14 PM and went to bed and when I got up this morning and checked my recorder, it had the copy inhibit error on the screen. I copy via S-Video all the time from Voom and Dish and have burned over 200 DVD's.

I think my recorder probably had a brain fart, the same thing happended once before when I tried to record Blues Clues from OTA Analog, weird, huh?

Update: Alien Saga did record, it was another Voom show I had set for later that failed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts