Another dissatisfied Customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If you use the antenna that dish mounts are you are over 30 miles from market, then you aren't going to get the channels plain and simple. What does Voom need to do, change the laws of physics so the radio frequencies can be picked up with a low gain antenna? Quit being a baby and hook up an 8bay bowtie to it.

And I hope a collection agency ruins your credit. You don't just stop paying bills and expect it to be OK.

Mod Edit

crash331 said:
If you use the antenna that dish mounts are you are over 30 miles from market, then you aren't going to get the channels plain and simple. What does Voom need to do, change the laws of physics so the radio frequencies can be picked up with a low gain antenna? Quit being a baby and hook up an 8bay bowtie to it.

And I hope a collection agency ruins your credit. You don't just stop paying bills and expect it to be OK. Idiot.

C'mon guys.
No need for the name calling here. Open up a new thread in the Chit Chat forum and bash away "anonymously" there if you must bash.

wow....if you're not a voomer you ain't s*^% in here
you are stupid, a idiot, a morron, a spaz, ignorant, incapable of doing or knowing anything.
and lord forbid you misspell something

rkr0923 said:
wow....if you're not a voomer you ain't s*^% in here
you are stupid, a idiot, a morron, a spaz, ignorant, incapable of doing or knowing anything.
and lord forbid you misspell something

Did you mean "moron". :)

Sorry, so sorry!

CDH.

You may be able to receiver the analog OTAs...

bkroth said:
When I can receive the local channels through my TV's HDTV receiver through my own antenna & VOOM could not provide the same channels through their system, I see this as their problem. The installer would not use my existing antenna & said that cabling has to go through the dish & diplexer a policy of VOOM. I also did not feel it was up to me to change their installation to get things to work. Also when they won't replace a receiver that locks up that I purchased shows that they have no warranty on their receivers.

Sorry that I did not know about this forum until just recently.

through your antenna and TV but not knowing your setup you may not be receiving digital OTA. Yes, your installer could have avoided using the diplexer as many have posted that their installs were done without one. Our hookup uses one but we've had no problem with it.

I understand your frustration (you can see my many posts on here and the VOOM/Yahoo forum from time to time complaining about various problems) as we have had our share of problems but VOOM has ALWAYS come through for us. We have been proactive and posted but the post that got action over a year ago was to Wilt, VOOM's VP of engineering, on the VOOM/Yahoo forum.

Not paying your bill was a bad move (although I understand the motivation) as it will show up on your credit report now. Simply calling and cancelling would have avoided that. Actually, I'm amazed they will take you back by simply paying up on your bill. I'd give it a try.

Still enjoying HDTV under hot "Drought Emergeny" Seattle skies, Gill

I see this Forum is for Voom supporters only!

I apologize for posting this original post, since no-one really wants to hear the problems people are having with Voom.

You say I should have cancelled, maybe so, but with a non-refundable $1400.00 + investment I thought I could eventually get thing worked out.
After 5 service calls multiple receivers and antennas I finally hit my limit. After they called me about my letter I sent them stating what I was willing to do to catch up on my billing, it sounded like we had things worked out.

They scheduled another service call #6, to replace my antenna and receiver or even use my high gain UHF antenna. When the service guy shows up, he does not have my replacement receiver, and said he could not use my antenna unless he runs a cable back to the Satellite on the other side of the house.

What the installer told me & what I had worked out over the phone where two different things.

I build aircraft parts for various companies’, they don't buy parts that are scrap! They only buy the parts that are built to the drawing and are in tolerance.

I would love to be a happy VOOM customer, I think their HDTV is Great, when it works!

I guess a Foam customers that have problems are just suppose to keep throwing money to VOOM so others that have good equipment and set-ups can keep watching. No Thanks!!

bkroth said:
When I can receive the local channels through my TV's HDTV receiver through my own antenna & VOOM could not provide the same channels through their system, I see this as their problem. The installer would not use my existing antenna & said that cabling has to go through the dish & diplexer a policy of VOOM. I also did not feel it was up to me to change their installation to get things to work. Also when they won't replace a receiver that locks up that I purchased shows that they have no warranty on their receivers.

You made two mistakes. First it is your right to your use existing OTA antenna. If you do, you do not need the diplexer because you will have two lines coming in an no spliting requried at the receiver. I had the same situation as you but when I was installed, I ordered the installer not to put up the VOOM antenna and to remove the diplexer. I did have a few problems with the receiver later but VOOM replaced then in 24 hours and in one case in 1.5 hours. I am on number 4 now. It was your antenna and you had a right to use it. Sorry you had that problem that wasn't necessary.

bkroth said:

You made two mistakes. First it is your right to your use existing OTA antenna. If you do, you do not need the diplexer because you will have two lines coming in an no splitting required at the receiver. I had the same situation as you but when I was installed, I ordered the installer not to put up the VOOM antenna and to remove the diplexer. I did have a few problems with the receiver later but VOOM replaced then in 24 hours and in one case in 1.5 hours. I am on number 4 now. It was your antenna and you had a right to use it. Sorry you had that problem that wasn't necessary.

Also why did you buy versus rent?

bkroth said:
I apologize for posting this original post, since no-one really wants to hear the problems people are having with Voom...
Sorry if you feel this way about our forum. There are a lot of members here that will gladly offer their help and knowledge in troubleshooting your OTA problems if you are still interested. We've done this so many times over the past year and a half and have accumulated a lot of experience.
However, if your main problem is that VOOM disconnected your service because you didn't make your payments, I honestly don't see how we can help you with that...

In any case, welcome to the forum!

I have no problem with Voom pulling the plug because I didn't pay. Why did I buy? Because that was the only way to get it when I started.

All I wanted was a complete working system. I would arrange the service call with VOOM, then when the service tech. arrived he did not have all the information that VOOM & I discussed over the phone.

The only problem in closing a thread like this is that people who are trying to research a provider will only see the positive things and not get a full or honest picture of the provider.

I originally found this forum when I had my complaints about V* and the service they provided me. I had similar situations of boxes locking up and OTA reception twice in less than a week after installation. In my case, the installers cannot come out other than M thru F 9-5 and I'm not willing to lose my hard earned money since my first install I had 1 cancellation by the installer then lost another day so they could come in to complete install. I did cancel my service while I was in contract because they could not come out to correct the box issues. They are attempting to charge the early termination fee as well. Since 02/19 I have requested 3 times they send me a box to return the receivers and they still have not done so even though each time I get the same "I will make sure they get sent out" response. Do I owe the $250? Yes because I signed a contract. Do I have a right to dispute the charge? Yes because they have not fulfilled the contract by providing the service properly since install (my first issue was the day after install).

I agree that V*s PQ and # of HD channels surpasses D* and E*, but they have got to get their act together with customer service and installers to survive. I may not have been happy with their customer service and many of you out there may be, but we all have a right to inform others out there of our expierences, good or bad. I would like to see V* survive in one way or another, but IMO they have to get their act together!

I may not post her too often or have been here too long so flame me if you want to be immature or call me names, but we all have a right to our opinion and a right to post it here.

Come on. You can't possibly be serious about somebody researching a provider, finding this forum, and being unable to dig up the negatives associated with Voom. There are thousands of posts that detail trouble with installers and with customer service. If we are talking about being mature, Rick4464 is doing that. He related his experience, wished Voom well, and has moved on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)