Yet another PQ thread (question though)

jagouar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 29, 2004
College Station, TX
Im curious to see if anybody has seen the following on their voom recently (past week or so). Ive noticed that recently when somebodys head movies up and down fairly slowly there almost seems to be a ghost trail behind it..... its difficult to explain and I just got a new projector so it could be related to that, Im trying to see if its my system or something with voom.

It happens at other times but its most easily seen on my system when somebodys head is panned up or down.

its not your system, i see the same effect on voom also, its almost as moving things on the screen leave trails behing them.

Well on my system its most channels.... most movie channels (voom exclusives and premiums). Doesnt happen much on the HDnews and other "non movie" exclusives.

I think the trailing effect you are describing is associated with LCD technology. My quess is you all have LCD projectors or HiDef TV's. If you have DLP or CRT technology i don't think you will see the trailing effect you are decribing.

i have a lcd projector but i dont think this is it.... my voom PQ has been fine but as of a week ago Ive started to see it.

And it doesnt happen all the time.... I only notice it when closeups on faces move (when therye walking for example and the camera tries to keep but cant quite)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)