Another NoCall NoShow

uboatcmdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Alabama
Another no-call no-show. This is really bringing me down. I am sick and tired of scheduling appointments and then no one shows up or calls. When I call the local inSTALLer (seems they are better at stalling than installing) they seem surprised that no one has called me and they give me some lame a$$ excuse like, "the technician's truck broke down". I have been fed this exact same line three times now, I think they need to find a new excuse or better yet a new installer. I am a D* installer (got VoOm two months ago because I didn't want to pay the $$$ for D*'s HD), if my truck broke down as much as the VoOm guy's does I be looking to buy a new truck.
As many of you know from my previous posts, I injured my ankle back in January and have been laid up since. I originally ordered VoOm and was scheduled to be installed two days prior to my accident. The installer didn't show or call that day and I cancelled my order. If it weren't for the accident and knowing I would be off work for a while recouping I never would have resubmitted the order for the install. I don't see how people can afford to keep take off work and sit around waiting for an installer to decide he wants to show up.
I have said this over & over again, if VoOm plans to stay in business they have got to get a firm grip on these install problems. They need to realize that the installers are the FACE of VoOm. For most customers the installers are the only people representing VoOm they will ever encounter face to face that is the reason their appearance, professionalism and performance is so important.
I must say there are some prime examples of good VoOm installers right here in this forum. They are people who take pride in their work, I just wish there were more like them out there.

I sent you a pm email your problem to him and let him know wha tis going on.

hey dont feel bad.im on my 3rd installation appointment for tomm. im pretty positive i wont hear anything either. there excuse for me is 'they dont have the equipment'. when i call voom they say the equip has been sent out already. so ill wait yet again.

:-(

droolman7 said:
hey dont feel bad.im on my 3rd installation appointment for tomm. im pretty positive i wont hear anything either. there excuse for me is 'they dont have the equipment'. when i call voom they say the equip has been sent out already. so ill wait yet again.

:-(

where are you located at?

I got an email today from Installs Inc. They reassigned my OTA upgrade to the guy who did my original install. I called him to set the appointment date & time and he said he was turning the order down. Seems that because he wasn't given the order for the first upgrade, he doesn't want to do this one.
I called VoOm and informed the CSR (great people who try really hard to help you) of the installers plan to turn the workorder down. He got on the phone with Installs and got a third installer assigned to do the work. I called the latest assignee and a nice talk with him about what type of antenna was needed and the problems I have been having getting anyone out here to do the job (I would go get the antenna and put it up myself if it weren't for the fact I am still under the doctor's order not to climb ladders and if I did I risk losing my workman's comp, and that is the only thing paying the bills right now). He actually seemed as if he gives a hoot about doing a proper job. I'll just have to wait & see. Worst comes to worst I will just wait until the doc say's I'm ok to fly and do the job myself (least I'll know it was done right).

I hope to god they dont do that to me tomorrow. My work has a very strict policy on missing days. I had to make this look like an appointment request for a doctor, so if they miss the appointment then it will be weeks before I can reschedule.

Well...add my name to the No call/No show list.
My install last December went well. They were supposed to come back yesterday for an antenna upgrade. Wife took the afternoon off to be there.
Granted we had a storm on Tuesday, but things were cleaned up by Wed afternoon, and it goes without saying that if they HAD to reschedule, they should have called.

I'm in Upton Mass.

Lob

TYORK said:
where are you located at?

texas...and im on the phone with them now and they are giving me the same line of crap. cant this compnay get there ass's together? :mad:

yeah apparently its installs inc fault, they sent it to the wrong person. and they arent owning up to their end of it and accepting blame. the tracking # shows it was delivered to the wrong person and everything. but they dont care. im talking to some jerkoff named Peter thats suppose to be some sorta of mgt there, but i doubt he is.

ill post what i find out later, which im sure wont be good news.

If it were me getting jacked around by these guys, I would call the following number:

Cablevision Systems Corp
1111 Stewart Avenue
Bethpage, NY 11714
Phone: (516) 803-2300

Ask to speak with Charles Dolan. If they ask who you are, tell them you are an unhappy customer who has been unable to get satisfaction at several other levels. They will most likely not connect you with Charles, but they will connect you with somone high enough up that will cut through the crap for you. Stay calm, but firm.

Get their name. Repeat it back, so they know you know their name. Get them to commit to fixing your problem. Ask when you can expect a call back with the solution. Get their direct phone number with the company. If they don't call back when they said they would, then call them again. If necessary, be a complete pain in the ass.
In other words, MAKE IT THEIR PROBLEM, NOT YOURS.

-k

From what the third installer told me on the phone yesterday, the reason none of the subs are giving the VoOm installs any priority is that Installs is taking their sweet time in paying them for their work. Whether this is actually the case or just another excuse not to show up or call, I don't know. Either way the installation department is an area of VoOm that deperately needs to be re-organized.

uboatcmdr said:
From what the third installer told me on the phone yesterday, the reason none of the subs are giving the VoOm installs any priority is that Installs is taking their sweet time in paying them for their work. Whether this is actually the case or just another excuse not to show up or call, I don't know. Either way the installation department is an area of VoOm that deperately needs to be re-organized.

I don't know who these people are that told you that but that is not at all true.

TYORK said:
I don't know who these people are that told you that but that is not at all true.

Maybe some of the installers are afraid of not getting paid for the work because of all the news, what is the turn around cycle to be paid for a job, few days, week, month?

im not pissed at voom about this. its installs inc that keep screwing me. the guy i talked to flat out told me that my definition of overnight isnt the same as there definition as overnight. im sure if it could...my jaw woulda hit the ground when i heard that. after fighting for gawd knows how many hours with them, they agreed to overnighting the equipment, which i dont believe. so here i go on my fourth install appt for tomm. im sure ill see #5 or even #6...possibly #7.

I do have to say i am lucky though since i run a store here in town and i have people that can stay there and run it while i come home and wait. i feel bad for the people that have to loose a day of work to be jerked around by these ass's. ill post what happens tomm. like i said im sure a #5 is in sight.

bruce said:
Maybe some of the installers are afraid of not getting paid for the work because of all the news, what is the turn around cycle to be paid for a job, few days, week, month?

They hold a week behind but what every i bill for i get paid as long as my paper work is turn in and the system is updated everything has always been here like clock work

t

bruce said:

Well I didn't take what the guy said as being fact, just his perception of the fact. I figured it was like you say, maybe they are affraid V* will go dark before they get paid.
The CSR's at V* have been great trying to do all they can to get the upgrade scheduled. Problem is Installs Inc. & the subs. The second Chuck has the financing deal straightened out he needs to set his sights on dumping these turkeys.

guess what happened today? a 4th reschedule. figures huh? im SUPPOSE to have another appt tomm, but we'll see. im anxious for #5 lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)