another TEGNA/DirecTV dispute happening again, TEGNA contract with DirecTV expires on Nov 30 at 8 PM ET

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Guess I should call DTV and get one of those LCC's? How many can you get per household? Online chat of course is busy. I guess calling in would be the same way?

update on WFAA, it seems that DirecTV forgot to shut the SD feed off at the same time the HD feed went bye bye.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

update, AT&T has pulled the plug and the TEGNA channels are gone now for the time being as the contract expired at 7 PM ET/5 PM PT and WFAA went bye bye at 6:36 PM CT and replaced with the dispute slate. guess I'll have to get my midday news (on demand) from KXAS NBC 5, KTVT CBS 11/CBSN DFW, or KDFW Fox 4 (via DVR Recordings) or watch WFAA's news at midday on the NewsOn app on my roku and watch Jimmy Kimmel Live through Locast, antenna or thought clips on YouTube or ABC app (which I'm not sure if access via your account credentials will work since it's not a Disney O&O ABC station in the Dallas market).

I got mine till around 10 pm... now gone ...

Fwiw, D* / ATT didn't pull them, the network removed them.

• Angry
Reactions: Howard Simmons

no, the correct term is they pulled them per orders of TEGNA, as no deal means they got hit with a C&D note from TEGNA to remove the channels as soon as contract expires.

no, the correct term is they pulled them per orders of TEGNA, as no deal means they got hit with a C&D note from TEGNA to remove the channels as soon as contract expires.

Which means that TEGNA told D* to remove them ... which means TEGNA pulled them.

I should have said the Network Owner removed them previously.

I’m about to lose 3 locals because of Nexstar being stupid with Dish. Will someone let us know once the Tegna locals are back on Directv? There would be 1 channel impacted for us there. I realize that this is not Dish or Directv’s fault. The local media groups are money hungry. I hate that dish still does not have the Fox Sports Nets. I might be willing to leave for FSN and only missing 1 local.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

KUSA in Denver is showing the dispute screen. Being the cheep SOB that I am, I called ‘D and after a 15 wait on hold, I complained. The rep looked at my account and gave a $20 one time credit. Gotta be nice when you call or they can be just unmoving and useless.

I have Dish and we have the Nexstar thing going on. But my friend called, as he has Direct and Tegna KGW Portland in gone. Glad I do have the OTA antenna. He could have an OTA antenna, but considering how ,many disputes there are, I would think the land would be peppered with many outdoor antennas, but there are not that many. Some may get some OTA TV from an indoor antenna, but they probably would not get the weakest translators.

I'm in Phoenix and we lost our NBC. Tried to get the LCC via online chat and was told "because it was NBC, I was not eligible to get it." Made no sense to me, but maybe I'll try again.

Has anyone had any luck getting one during this dispute?

I tried again to get the LCC. I used online chat and the lady was nice and said she ordered me one and I would get an email showing the Fedex tracking number on it. Would get it at no charge. So far no email yet. She also said ATT would do a confirmation phone call on it. Got that but their computer was slow and couldn't check on it. The guy also said the disputed channel would also be blacked out on the LCC.

I tried again to get the LCC. I used online chat and the lady was nice and said she ordered me one and I would get an email showing the Fedex tracking number on it. Would get it at no charge. So far no email yet. She also said ATT would do a confirmation phone call on it. Got that but their computer was slow and couldn't check on it. The guy also said the disputed channel would also be blacked out on the LCC.
Say WHAT ?
Thats the whole Idea, to be able to get the OTA channels ....
The LCC will give you all your local channels, NBC would NOT be Blacked out, you'd be watching it on the OTA antenna, not the Sat (blacked out) feed.

Has anyone heard any progress as of yet ?

Reactions: dhpeeple1
Say WHAT ?
Thats the whole Idea, to be able to get the OTA channels ....
The LCC will give you all your local channels, NBC would NOT be Blacked out, you'd be watching it on the OTA antenna, not the Sat (blacked out) feed.

Has anyone heard any progress as of yet ?
That's what I told him but he still insisted on it. Maybe he figured since the LCC is connected to the HR-44 it would detect the Tenga blacked out station on the LCC also?

That's what I told him but he still insisted on it. Maybe he figured since the LCC is connected to the HR-44 it would detect the Tenga blacked out station on the LCC also?

Doesn't Directv put up a slate on the "-1" channel during a dispute, forcing you to hit channel up to actually show the real OTA channel?

I thought someone said such a change had been made for OTA a year or two ago. Maybe that's what he's talking about, and doesn't know there's a way around it?

I called and requested a LCC and was told they sent one in January. I told them they canceled that order and never sent it. He then said they would need to transfer me to Tech support as there was a problem with my system. I repeated the story to tech support who took a while but said they were able to order a LCC. She gave me a confirmation number and said would receive it in 3 business days. I am not holding my breath.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)