Another weather outage over Wyoming?

I lost 129, but HWS switched to SD which worked off 110 and 119. All appears to be normal now.
Dan

At the time of it going down all WA went down so 129/119 and 110 were all down if it switched, it did so as they were coming back in to play. But you unlike the majority of users won't know to look for possible issues such as here but will likely call in to raise hell , try to get discounts and a free tech visit no matter the situation.

Thank god I wasn't the only one, I experienced it here in Puerto Rico (110,119) while slinging content at my apartment. Sent a remote reset to both my hoppers and it came back shortly after. Checked weather radar and no clouds were near my home so I found it a bit Odd.

Also I've had 5 service calls within 2 months (Hopper upgrades,LNB problems,Dish problems,cracked RG6 cables) so I was shocked that I was having yet another issue ;)

At the time of it going down all WA went down so 129/119 and 110 were all down if it switched, it did so as they were coming back in to play. But you unlike the majority of users won't know to look for possible issues such as here but will likely call in to raise hell , try to get discounts and a free tech visit no matter the situation.

Can you come and check my dish?!?! I swear I'm not lying I lost my signal around 7PM EST and it hasn't happened since! I want your supervisor if you refuse! *rant rant rant*

The last tech who came home sent a multi text to all of his past customers lol (That or he either saved my number for when he wants to geek out about dish:phone:)

"Good evening, I am aware that many of you lost your Dish service temporarily even though the weather has been great in the past few days. There is nothing wrong with your system its a problem on Dish's end. Please give it a while before calling for your DNS tech warranty." (OG text was in good o'l espanol, translated it)

yeah that's just it... the CSR lines prob just imploded and each one of them prob just set up a service call without thinking or should I say TC so every tech in this country just got screwed.

Yeah, that makes me furious. When an uplink center goes down, all agents will get a winpop (popup on their computer) telling them that an uplink went down, and what all is affected, and to NOT SCHEDULE ANY TRUCK ROLLS OVER THIS. And what do they do? Schedule truck rolls. I can tell you, when an uplink does down, the phone lines burn up, and all skills go into queue (with people having to wait on hold for an extended period).

I'd hope the customers that call in about losing their signal, get a tech scheduled, then have enough sense to call back in to cancel the truck roll after their signal comes back on. I think I'd be optimistic to think that, though.

People who lose service will call in screaming for credit for losing signal. I would ask for how long it was out, they'll say an hour, so I'll used my calculator, and calculated the pro-rated amount of time without service to be about 8-12 cents. They never liked to hear that. :D

Dish downtimes due to storms in Wyoming are MINI-hiccups
compared to over weekend outages we had with Comcast several times. And most times, it was NOT weather related. S* Happens!!!

Last edited:
Dish downtimes due to storms in Wyoming are MINI-hiccups
compared to over weekend outages we had with Comcast several times. And most times, it was NOT weather related. S* Happens!!!

Yup. When I had Charter something would blow up down the street just because it sprinkled, cable would be out for at least half the day.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Yup. When I had Charter something would blow up down the street just because it sprinkled, cable would be out for at least half the day.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I knew three of four causes where we live: Note, my (lose and dangling) cable came down a phone pole on easement property:

1. DOT road mowing crew.

2. DOT road mowing crew.

3. Guess

And THAT is why I looked to the SKY!!!

And never looked back

Yeah, that makes me furious. When an uplink center goes down, all agents will get a winpop (popup on their computer) telling them that an uplink went down, and what all is affected, and to NOT SCHEDULE ANY TRUCK ROLLS OVER THIS. And what do they do? Schedule truck rolls. I can tell you, when an uplink does down, the phone lines burn up, and all skills go into queue (with people having to wait on hold for an extended period).

I'd hope the customers that call in about losing their signal, get a tech scheduled, then have enough sense to call back in to cancel the truck roll after their signal comes back on. I think I'd be optimistic to think that, though.

Ohh I'm sure I'll see truck rolls on it just to check things out, and a regular service call is fine. Let Dish eat that cost but what kills me is a return visit of a trouble call. That is what costs the tech the most are the TC's that the CSR's just won't tell people it is not a local issue and be done with it but instead give them whatever they want to get them off the line. I've had several in the last few weeks for nothing being wrong what so ever. I ask them about what time/day the issue was and I know exactly how the weather was in these area's during those times/days and sure enough that is all it was just a passing storm or hard rain.

Ohh I'm sure I'll see truck rolls on it just to check things out, and a regular service call is fine. Let Dish eat that cost but what kills me is a return visit of a trouble call. That is what costs the tech the most are the TC's that the CSR's just won't tell people it is not a local issue and be done with it but instead give them whatever they want to get them off the line. I've had several in the last few weeks for nothing being wrong what so ever. I ask them about what time/day the issue was and I know exactly how the weather was in these area's during those times/days and sure enough that is all it was just a passing storm or hard rain.

And even if they cancel before the appt. the TC still counts against the tech. :(

Another round of storms today, from NWS:

Severe Thunderstorms Possible in the High Plains Saturday Afternoon and Evening

The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a slight risk of severe weather on Saturday in parts of the High Plains, from eastern Montana to northeast New Mexico. The area at greatest risk will be across southeast Montana, eastern Wyoming and northeast Colorado. The main threats are damaging winds and large hail, but a tornado cannot be ruled out.

Another round of storms today, from NWS:

Severe Thunderstorms Possible in the High Plains Saturday Afternoon and Evening

The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a slight risk of severe weather on Saturday in parts of the High Plains, from eastern Montana to northeast New Mexico. The area at greatest risk will be across southeast Montana, eastern Wyoming and northeast Colorado. The main threats are damaging winds and large hail, but a tornado cannot be ruled out.

great, let's hope the Signal stays on this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)