Antenna for work breakroom

classic cartoon fan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2006
Preble County, Ohio
I work at Tractor Supply in eaton, ohio and our break room tv is hooked up to rabbit ears and we only get ch. 26 the CW out of Dayton and sometimes it will drop out.
The break room is on the east side of the building on the first floor and on the side that the TV towers are located. All I would like to do is pick up all of the Dayton channels so we have everything besides the CW. By the looks of it, I might be able to put an antenna on the second floor of the building.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an antenna that will be reliable for us. and yes this antenna will be inside and it had to go through block and brick.

I don't want to miss the Buckeyes this fall if I have to work!

Here's the address: 1637 N BARRON ST EATON OH 45320

classic cartoon fan, All of the Dayton stations are less than 25 miles away, all UHF, and hardly any trees (google earth check) you could setup something internally on the second floor pointed at the antenna farm then run RG6 cable to the 1st floor even better is convincing the owner or manager of Tractor Supply to put up an outside second floor or roof mounted single pole UHF antenna pointed at the antenna farm then run RG6 cable to the 1st floor. The higher the antenna is the less likely "rain fade" will happen.

Last edited:
I could run the RG6 cable up to the second floor no problem. I would defiantly have to talk to the owner of the building for a roof top antenna though.
I go into work today, I'll ask my boss and see what she says and I'll go from there.

A 2-bay bowtie should be pretty good; $15 for an Eagle Aspen at Summitsource.com. Is there a window that opens in the break room? Get an Eagle Aspen flat cable to get it outside the room, and put the antenna on a pole outside; no holes necessary. Getting altitude is almost always a plus, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts