antenna question

ejmendoza

Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
I work in an auto repair shop with no near windows or doors. What are my options for an incomming signal?

You could put the dish on the roof on a flat (non-pen.) roof mount if needed, there are also flat coax cables available that will work. There is ALWAYS a way to sneak a cable into a building!

Hi Pete,

You are right, there is always some way to sneak a cable into a building... LOL

We put up one of those H-90 mortorized units last month ($450.00 to install) and we were even impressed with how well it works... We hit ever satellite from the Rainbow all the way over to the Dish Bird...

And it would work nice on top of an Automotive Garage... LOL

thanks guys, but as an employee I'm not sure my employer would appreciate or allow a permanant install... I'm looking for abstract possibilities??
thanks

ha, hows this for abstract... if you drive a truck... make a dish mount in the back of your truck. then use an inverter to hook up the receiver in your truck and use a wireless transmitter to send the signal to a tv inside the building, and use a uhf remote to control the box.
the problems with this setup would be that you would become a professional at lining a dish up, cause you would have to line it up anytime you moved the truck, also you would have to use a second battery or something so that you didnt drain the battery in your truck everyday...
:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)