AntennaTV makes a change...and not for the better

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I knew it would soon come to a subchannel...and it has
AntennaTV is now in some cases "squishing" the credits together. Monday night on One Day at a Time between shows they split screen. Left side is ending credits, right side (and audio) is the new show.

Did the same thing for 3's company

case in point
IMG_20150701_195003_037.jpg

What network doesn't do that??? Only a rare few. And they'll 'conform' to the norm soon. They do what they do to cram in more commercials. I can hardly watch TV 'live' anymore because of it. DVR is the way 'o the future.

AntennaTV is now in some cases "squishing" the credits together. Monday night on One Day at a Time between shows they split screen. Left side is ending credits, right side (and audio) is the new show.

Did the same thing for 3's company

case in point
View attachment 107897
Guess I can't complain because its OTA (and free) but been seeing that too and hate it. :(

it seems like it is getting worse now. it seems like the previous show is now running past the bottom or top of the hour. My TiVo used to be able to record the whole show without having to add an extra minute at the end.

Noticed it tonite on Sanford and son.it ran past the top of the hour

Send them a complaint right away. If they never hear anything from viewers, they'll get more bold and do it more and more. They may still do that even with complaints, but if you complain, get friends to complain, and complain often, they may not go completely as bad as others.

Maybe it is just me but some shows start at say 7:27pm and end at 803 pm, then you have some that start at 802 and end at 828. Another thing when Antenna was on KDCG you missed alot of the national programming because of raceline, cooking shows, Bobby Dupre, swamp n roll, and other local programming, I hear alot of Antenna stations were like that alSo. If it was the affiliate or the subchannel

It should be part of the copyright law that you cannot alter the TV programing timing or content like the do to theater films. Time compressing should be rejected across the board. It ruins sound tracks for me. I hate it.

Another thing when Antenna was on KDCG you missed alot of the national programming because of raceline, cooking shows, Bobby Dupre, swamp n roll, and other local programming, I hear alot of Antenna stations were like that alSo.

Don't know about other affiliates but here in central PA we get a lot of interruptions on WNEP. Recently, they ran the same half hour show for local summer attractions at either 11:30pm or midnight for at least a week straight. Other interruptions include weekday and weekend mornings with 2 hour blocks of their local newscast, evenings at 10pm for an hour of news and other occasional local programming or sports too. :(

Maybe it is just me but some shows start at say 7:27pm and end at 803 pm, then you have some that start at 802 and end at 828. Another thing when Antenna was on KDCG you missed alot of the national programming because of raceline, cooking shows, Bobby Dupre, swamp n roll, and other local programming, I hear alot of Antenna stations were like that alSo. If it was the affiliate or the subchannel

its your local affiliate.

Don't know about other affiliates but here in central PA we get a lot of interruptions on WNEP. Recently, they ran the same half hour show for local summer attractions at either 11:30pm or midnight for at least a week straight. Other interruptions include weekday and weekend mornings with 2 hour blocks of their local newscast, evenings at 10pm for an hour of news and other occasional local programming or sports too. :(
Yeah some affiliates apparently are just using the programming (AntennaTv, MeTV) as filler programming. The worst offenders (IMO) are the stations that pre-empt the 2 hours in primetime for My Network or CW programming.

There is a worse offender of them all. WBBJ-DT3 in Jackson, TN uses MeTv as filler programming when they dont have any CBS network programming. So those folks get MeTV like 3 hours a day

Yeah some affiliates apparently are just using the programming (AntennaTv, MeTV) as filler programming. The worst offenders (IMO) are the stations that pre-empt the 2 hours in primetime for My Network or CW programming.

There is a worse offender of them all. WBBJ-DT3 in Jackson, TN uses MeTv as filler programming when they dont have any CBS network programming. So those folks get MeTV like 3 hours a day

Feel sorry for that area. Don't know why the station would even bother. :(

AntennaTV is now in some cases "squishing" the credits together.
case in point
View attachment 107897

They've been doing it with McHale's Navy and George Allen show in the morning for a month or so. It may be a way to show the full episode and still get ad time equivalent to other channels. Since Me-Tv is going with I Hate Lucy Show as a replacement to Petticoat Junction/Beverly Hillbillies in the morning, I'll be watching Ant-Tv while getting ready for work.

Whats weird is its random when they do it

last night Sanford and Son 1st showing...full intro (no split screen)
2nd S&S...split screen and ran over by 15 seconds (before credits)
One Day at a time...split screen (its on after S&S) and ran over by 10-15 seconds
2nd episode..split screen. Ended 30 seconds early and had full ending credits. What I mean is they had a promo for "3's company" between the shows

The Tivo keeps time pretty spot on (unlike Dish and Direct) so on like MeTv I rarely miss anything of the credits (same with Decades)

its your local affiliate.
What happened about 3 months before Antenna launched, KLWB bought KDCG (at that time associated with Retro) from Bobby Dupre. Paid some good money to buy the station from Mr. Dupre but was allowed to keep all his local programming on the 22 and 50.2 dial. A good deal, well all depends on the individual you ask the question too. However the fan base loved antenna tv, well when Weigel stepped in with H&I the rest went down. As soon as the launch of Heroes and Antenna went to 32 thats when all what you posted about Antenna came about. Regardless its hard to beat Antenna and with Johnny coming on this might save Tribune as Jan.1 this tv will lose some station...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts