any 622 problems?

cebbigh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2005
Frostbite Falls
Since my install on 2/21 I've had problems recording 2 OTA programs and one Sat movie. If I try to view the show during the time it's recording sometimes the system freezes. Sometimes the solution is power off and power on. Sometimes I need to do a soft reboot. Anyone else having similar problems?

Virus, I too have static popping or crackling sounds on HD and SD channels but it is more pronounced on OTA channels for me. I hope there is a fix for this because it gets annoying....

I am hopeful that I've cleared my recording problems. Did a restore to system defaults and then a hard reboot. Seems to be working fine now. Cleared the ghost out of the machine??

sometimes my recording are just a black screen not pic or sound anybody else had this problem

rkalbo said:
sometimes my recording are just a black screen not pic or sound anybody else had this problem

Yes, very frequently and increasingly so. And recently has been extremly sluggish on commands (30 to 60 second lag between remote control command and response on the screen). After many (and several long) calls to dish tech support both they and I are convinced this particular 622 is defective. The replacement should be here Monday (3/6). It's a difficult process pinpointing if you have a signal problem or if the unit is bad. It helps if you have a second box (like a 942) to do an a/b check to verify whether or not it is the signal.

I have not had any problems mentioned in this thread. The only issues I have right now are

1.sometime I get lyp-sync problems

2. The volume levels between the Sat tuner and the ATSC tuner are different. The ATSC volume is too low I crank up the volume and when I tune back to a Sat channel is too loud

Other than that so far so good.

My week-old 622 has started skipping frames (images not moving smoothly) while watching SD on TV1. No recording is being done while this is happening but TV2 is also watching SD. Just noticed it last night and then again tonight.

Has anyone else seen this occurring?

I see it sometimes too , but I haven't seen it since I got last nights software update and the crackeling, snapping and popping is gone now on tv2 as well. It is like having my old reliable 942 back again but with more hd channels of course.:D

dmmsturm said:
My week-old 622 has started skipping frames (images not moving smoothly) while watching SD on TV1. No recording is being done while this is happening but TV2 is also watching SD. Just noticed it last night and then again tonight.

Has anyone else seen this occurring?

Just saw this the first time this evening on TV1..not on TV2. A hard reboot cleared it up (for now).

Also since the new update I'm having more frequent--and seemingly random--loss of audio (SD and HD can be affected). Again, a reboot clears it up, but its starting to get annoying.

For reference, My first one (622) wouldn't record at all. The second one died and lost front end. I'm waiting for the third one now!

Bug: UNRELIABLE TIMERS--I check in morning to confirm the evening timers (which show the "dot" on the program guide), then later in the day some of the recording dots disappear. Sure enough, it does not record the program even though it shows up on the "daily schedule".

Bug: Randomly, the unit is slow or unresponsive to Remote #1 commands.

Everything working well

I just wanted to share in this "any 622 problems" thread that I can honestly say "No". Everything is working well and during the last week I've simply been enjoying recording and watching HD TV with everything working real well.

I'm coming from many years with the Displayer 7200 and I guess a year with the Dish 811. I learned to put up with their issues, particularly the daily reaquiring 811. I can honestly say that at this time, the performance I'm getting from my 622 definately and wonderfully surpases both of those receivers.

Everything has recorded, HD DVR works perfectly, the dual TV mode is magical. And, can you believe, for the first time in years I can have one remote! It's a magnificant receiver with a perfectly enjoyable user experience. I'm a very happy camper right now.

I'm not sure why Dish would want my 811 and 7200 back, but I'll be enjoying saying goodbye to them.

Erik

I too will say that I have not had one problem with my 622. I have about 15 timers and it has not missed one. No audio problems etc. The receiver has just flat out worked as it should since I got it.

Still not having any significant problems with the replacement. Occasionally I see a momentary screen breakup which I think must me the result of signal loss off the 129, but it has not resulted in the blackscreen I had with the first unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)