Status
Please reply by conversation.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
when i went to the azbox website, they said the azbox was tested on cbs sites on g28. when i get fta channels that come up scrambled, might that mean that they are not scrambled but 4:2:2 configuration? and that is why they come up that way on g28? so if i get an azbox and go to g28 then i can switch easily from fox to cbs to nbc to abc which are all in a group there? what other things should i be aware of with my 6' dish and gbox for moving the dish charlie

might that mean that they are not scrambled but 4:2:2 configuration?
Not on the S9, a 4:2:2 channel displays "corrupt video" not "Scrambled"

An AZ box will display just about everything except H264 4:2:2 (not many using it either)

If you can wait, the AZBox ME should be out around the end of the year - needs reviews first though.

on the website for the azbox it is in blue springs, mo. we will be going by there closely because my son lives in greenwood and the road then to st louis goes through there. i will be taking my sil and daughter a 36" dish with qph-031 and sadoun motor to install there. and a brand new openbox s9 but am interested in trying the azbox out also. thanks for the reply. charlie

Don't know who this Blue Springs place is, but most internet dealers don't have retail outlets.
So, I wouldn't just show up there one day and expect to see a receiver.
Contact 'em ahead of time, and see if they'd be willing to show it to you.
Don't be disappointed if the answer is "no".

If you can wait, the AZBox ME should be out around the end of the year - needs reviews first though.
Think evaluation units are just going out to the dealers now.
So, I'd hold my horses.

And on a related note, SatelliteAV is in final field test of his new GeoSatPro receiver.
May not do what you want, but the next month or two should bring more news about it.

after reading some things about the azbox, i will wait for the new receiver. sounds like the openbox does everything better than the azbox except for 4:2:2 and i have the usb 2104 from dvbworld. thanks for the info. charlie

when i went to the azbox website, they said the azbox was tested on cbs sites on g28. when i get fta channels that come up scrambled, might that mean that they are not scrambled but 4:2:2 configuration? and that is why they come up that way on g28? so if i get an azbox and go to g28 then i can switch easily from fox to cbs to nbc to abc which are all in a group there? what other things should i be aware of with my 6' dish and gbox for moving the dish charlie

You'll only find CBS feeds on Galaxy28. I have 2 azboxes exclusively for 4:2:2 feeds.

thanks for the reply. today i dug out the dvbworld usb dvb-s2 and am trying to get it to work. the connection is through the gbox for controlling the position and i am trying to do a fixed disk setup for g28. i was able to scan the k-band on g-19 and got solid channels. i have windows 7 ultimate so i thought the xp mode would work but the video was really messed up so went back to windows 7 and it has a perfect picture. now a trying to scan on disk 2 as a fixed disk and using the gbox to move the dish. don't know if that will work yet or not and then i think the dvb-s2 should handle 4:2:2. it's a learning experience. charlie

You will have no problem with the 4:2:2 , assuming you have decent codecs and the enough cpu horsepower on the PC . I sold my Azboxes and use either the skywalker-1 or Profs 7500 for 4:2:2 feeds , and have never been happier with my setup. :)

help me out Brent, where could I get a skywalker-1 or Profs 7500 for 4:2:2? I'm looking for exactly what you got for my home setup. Thanks, Chad

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)