Any birds mixed Linear and Circular?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dashaund

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 13, 2006
Travelers Rest, SC
I'm scanning around the birds today looking for wild feeds. Hey, it's college football season...time to give my motor a workout haha. Anyways, I know most birds are linear and the DBS birds are circular. I was curious though if there are any sats that I should scan in both linear and then again in circular. I thought I might be missing something somewhere if I didn't. Just a thought...

Not that I know of; however, at 91W you will find Nimiq1 and 3 which are circular and also Galaxy11 which is C/Ku linear. Two different birds, but nearly identical location. I think Nimiq is actually at 91.5W. They encrypted most of the radio channels that were free there.

Also, try EchoStar3/Amazonas at 61W. Amazonas has a beam for the US which is linear. Echostar3 is circular. I don't know what you will find free on echostar3 if anything.

the satellites are either linear (H/V) or circular (L/R)

As das said, ExpressVu 91 and Galaxy 11 are at 91.0 but are 2 different satellites :)

I'm scanning around the birds today looking for wild feeds.

If your looking for wild feeds, it's extremely unlikey you'll see any on the DBS satellites as those are mainly only used by the DBS providers who own them and use them to deliver their services to their customers. So, no wild feeds on those. By scanning those, youd likely just be wasting your time and perhaps missing out on feeds on other satellites.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)