any carbonized love for hopper 2k platform

The interface is supposed to come to all receivers in the Hopper "family". No timeline was given. Remember, the Hopper w/Sling doesn't officially have the new interface yet either.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm in no hurry for my two HWS to get it. I like the 3 hour guide. The rest is just eye candy, with perhaps minor usability improvements.

So the HWS will not get Carbon UI until towards the end of the year!!!!!!!!!!!! Trying to make a decision to go to the Hopper 3 , or wait just didn't know it would be that long!! Some advice PLEASE

I like being able to see the cast displayed in the info menu. Direct TV used to display Cast and Crew, something I really missed when I came to Dish. Don't get me wrong, I like Dish much better.

Direct's menu would have all the movies the star was in, also their biography. Dish's Cast only displays the movies the actor is in that are currently available on Dish. I hope they improve this. At least it's a step in the right direction.

I still haven't Carbonized my other Hopper. Just in case something weird happens.

C/P:

New user interface
Last year, we announced we would be introducing a new UI for our Hopper with Sling® customers. Since then, we’ve worked to refine the interface to make sure it’s the best in the business. Hopper 3 customers have already experienced this new UI. We are now targeting March to begin rolling it out to Hopper with Sling customers.
The new UI is totally redesigned, with a new look, new menus and new ways to find your favorite content. With a simplified, flat visual design, the new interface combines multiple, related features into single areas and reorganizes settings to allow for a more natural navigational experience. With increased accessibility, including higher contrast and customizable text sizes, the new UI delivers a better customer experience.
To help customers more quickly discover and watch the TV shows most relevant to them, the interface features a Home screen that aggregates content from across the platform. The recommendations are based on the customer’s previous viewing habits and will vary based on the time of day.

Last year, we announced we would be introducing a new UI for our Hopper with Sling® customers
That isn't what they said previously but it sure looks like they've changed their tune to not include the original Hopper models.

Coming soon - the latest TV Interface from DISH
We’ve been listening to you! Free to all Hopper customers...

http://www.dish.com/ui/

There's also a video with that blonde Paris girl and Vivek and he clearly states it's coming to all pieces of the Hopper "family".

Oh well, plans can and do change !

Reactions: xfoneguy
I'm in no hurry for my two HWS to get it. I like the 3 hour guide. The rest is just eye candy, with perhaps minor usability improvements.
I prefer the old UI .
And the New UI doesn't allow a Dual HWS setup to share the prime time anytime recordings.
Hopefully that gets addressed.
Both Hoppers shouldn't have to be set to PTA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I am not looking forward to this as it will make my current setup of Hopper1/Hopper2/Joey obsolete. :(

Make Dish replace the Hopper 1 with a Hopper 2 - problem solved.

I am curious if when they do rollout the UI to the Hopper 2, will people like you, who have a Hopper 1 as well, receive it or will Dish exclude you. Or will they push it without concern of what it does to the interaction between the 1 and 2 models and maybe deal with it on a case-by-case basis. Some people may not care (not everyone shares between Hoppers - some have (2) Hoppers so that each has it's own content).

very surprised there hasn't even been whispers of a release(beta or otherwise) on the xip813 family/platform yet- has charlie forsaken us?:crying
One of the DIRT folks posted that the Hopper 1 or 2K is now not going to get the new interface. The processor isn't powerful enough to run it (and provide a good experience for the user).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)