ANY CHANCE GOLTV COME BACK TO DISH?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kalin21

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
tx
All soccer fans really want to see the Spanish La Liga when begins in august..
I remember two years ago when I called Dish if they will get it again and they told me that Goltv will loss the rights of the league thats why they stopped negociating new contract with then. But now goltv announce they renew it spanish league for 3 more years....
And now that real madrid adquired ronaldo and kaká I belive many people again will make the switch to other provider carrying goltv if does not return to dish channel lineup

I know nothing specific (I do not even know if they are talking), but the one fact is that the current Dish Programming head was not involved with the previous GolTV negotiations, and he has reversed some of the previous situations (e.g. making up with Fox).
So, it would seem there is a possibility.
Also, television of soccer is changing quite a bit at the moment, Setanta UK is probably going to go barnkrupt tomorrow, so I doubt that anything will happen until it becomes more clear as to what happens with Setanta Sports USA Channel, let alone GolTV...

Yup and due to Setanta failure on Friday to pay the EPL, ESPN picked up the rights to 2009-2010 season in the UK, and the 2010-2013 rights too. It just a matter of time before ESPN gets the US rights.

You want GOLtv, you know which provider has it. Just make the call pal

I never was a big soccer fan, but I still miss La Liga on WorldSport. Unfortunately, it looks like you'll have to jump ship to get GolTV...

You may end up seeing La Liga in HD on Dish:

ESPN landed a share of U.S. broadcast rights to la Liga today, splitting TV rights to the Spanish league with GolTV. Amazing how that came down right afrer Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka landed in Real Madrid!
ESPN2 will air about 20 games a year, and ESPN Deportes two or three per weekend. They'll have at least 114 a year available online on ESPN360. Which means we get to see tons of Kaka, who was the 2007 FIFA player of the year for AC Milan, and CR7, who was last season's FIFA player of the year for Manchester United.

Admittedly, ESPN's record on obtaining matches from Europe in HD is not good, however European matches on ESPN2-HD consistently looked better than anything on GolTV's SD-only channel.

And note:

The league's most-watched games, the two El Classic matchups between Barcelona and Real Madrid, likely will be simulcast by GolTV and ESPN.

Full article:

[ame="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=656581&sec=us&cc=5901"]ESPN to share La Liga's U.S. TV rights - U.S. Soccer - ESPN Soccernet[/ame]

PS I myself subscribe to "Dish Latino Max" which includes Fox Soccer Channel and ESPN Deportes and offers a $5 discount on Setanta Sports USA (assuming it survives to August). For $10 more, you get the HD equivalents of all channels in DL Max, including ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, FX and most (but not all) of the HD channels in Dish, so it is undoubtedly the best package on Dish Network for soccer.

Last edited:
wow thats amazin ESPN will brodadcast la liga too..Im not sure if all games will be simulcast on goltv and espn..like goltv will broadcast madrid and barça games and espn the rest...

wow thats amazin ESPN will brodadcast la liga too..Im not sure if all games will be simulcast on goltv and espn..like goltv will broadcast madrid and barça games and espn the rest...

Or since the games are sometimes at the same time Real ESPN/ Barca Goltv one week the next week the other way around, like what WORLDSPORTHD use to do, except the classicos.

Any chance of ESPN deportes being available on Eastern arc in the near future?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)