Any chance more space added for RSN's on Wednesday??

Of course Mr. Pettitte is a world renowned knows everything about everything. My question is: Who is Mr. Pettitte? Yeah, I know, he pitched in MLB.......

Well Of Course Bobby Mr. Pettitte is a world renowned person and knows everything about baseball because he pitched in MLB.....

I would turn that around. What will it take from other providers to get you to change. In the case of Direct, it will take much more national HD channels, better DVR, (I still like the Dish models better)and letting me get distants (Dish does through AAD)
For cable, I doubt there is anything they will do to get me, but it would be lower rates, more channels like EuroNews, and not going out everytime there is a car accident into a pole somewhere, or power is lost on the other side of Town.....

I don't get your bandwidth comment. It is about that. Not all RSN's are showing games at the same time, thus they can get away with showing games in HD, but not the rest of the day. Even then, some games are not in HD. Otherwise you would be saying Dish is showing RSN's part time just because they want to.... makes no sense.

It's not that I don't want people to get what they want. But it is pretty clear if you are serious about wanting more sports, it will take awhile for Dish to get it. As for the MLB channel, that is in part money, but if I understand correctly they can't get it without also having the whole package. It is my opinion, in this economy and based on posts here and other sites, now is not the time to think people will sign up for an expensive MLB package when you can get it over the internet, with some great options. I don't pretend watching on the internet, usually on a computer is the same as on the big screen, but it is a fraction of the cost, and you can watch anywhere.

all the other provider (direct tv) is going to have to do ,is wait for me to finally get fed up with dish not stepping up and providing what their sports fans want. that is all games in hd . you can't convince that there are more people watching ophra, amc, or name any channel you want than watch sports.

I really feel mislead. I wish it had been more clear to me that Fox Sports Southwest was only HD some of the time. I'm a huge Big 12 fan as well as a Texas Rangers fan. This absolutely kills me. And I'm locked in for 2 years. This really sucks. I've been a Dish subscriber for a decade but only went HD in December. I guess this is a case of "buyer beware". I guess I had too much confidence in Dish to provide what I wanted. I'll chalk it up to "my bad" and then switch to DirecTV once my contract is up. Standard def baseball games look terrible on a 55 inch HD TV.

Oh, but I can watch all sorts of random B.S. in HD. *SPORTS* are what really sell HD for many people.

:-(

I really feel mislead. I wish it had been more clear to me that Fox Sports Southwest was only HD some of the time. I'm a huge Big 12 fan as well as a Texas Rangers fan. This absolutely kills me. And I'm locked in for 2 years. This really sucks. I've been a Dish subscriber for a decade but only went HD in December. I guess this is a case of "buyer beware". I guess I had too much confidence in Dish to provide what I wanted. I'll chalk it up to "my bad" and then switch to DirecTV once my contract is up. Standard def baseball games look terrible on a 55 inch HD TV.

Oh, but I can watch all sorts of random B.S. in HD. *SPORTS* are what really sell HD for many people.

:-(

Yes that is the only reason I finally went to HD also, SPORTS! Then you find out 1/2 of them are not in HD.

You really wouldn't have known the problems unless you followed the forum here.

Exactly. I only started visiting the forum once I got HD and wanted to get a little more info. Too little research too late. :-( But hey, my wife can watch HGTV in HD. My kids can watch Spongebob in HD. But wait...Major League Baseball is in standard def? Whhaaaat? Not to mention the fact that ESPNU is SD only. There were several games that I wanted to watch but were forced to watch in SD. :-( I used to tell everyone how great Dish was. Now my Dad has to tell me to "come over anytime you want to watch the game in HD". He has cable which delivers all of these sports channels in HD including Fox Sports SW and ESPNU. It isn't much of a selling point when you have to constantly answer the question "why did you sign up with Dish when several of the sports stations are standard def only?". I don't have a good answer for that one. It really makes me mad that I re-upped with Dish in December to get HD when I could've gone DirecTV. I cuss myself every time a standard def-only game is on.

Last edited:
One more transponder on each arc would probably take care of most of the issues. I don't think it is a money issue as some have suggested because they have already paid for the HD during games. Let's go Dish!

Can we get a Dish rep to respond to this thread? I'd love to know the reasoning. I feel sick knowing that I've committed to a 2-year contract and cannot even get the Texas Rangers games in HD. What a fool I was to re-up with Dish. I am going to be kicking myself every day of the baseball season. I'd been with Dish for a decade and decided to stay with what I knew when I upgraded to HD. Big mistake. I feel so stupid.

The reason hasnt changed. Dish allocates X amount of transponder space for HD broadcasts so they have to shuffle around who gets their game in HD. The issue is they started this years ago when teams broadcast maybe 1/2 the games in HD so it was easy.

Now with teams doing almost all games in HD that doesnt work as good ;)

Can we get a Dish rep to respond to this thread? I'd love to know the reasoning. I feel sick knowing that I've committed to a 2-year contract and cannot even get the Texas Rangers games in HD. What a fool I was to re-up with Dish. I am going to be kicking myself every day of the baseball season. I'd been with Dish for a decade and decided to stay with what I knew when I upgraded to HD. Big mistake. I feel so stupid.

and what exactly would you like them to tell you? Do you honestly think they have inside knowledge on what is going on with negotiations, with discussions, with what Dish is doing with their transponders? Scott will get that kind of info before they will.

Maybe something like: "I'm sorry. I agree that our information is deceptive. Please accept our invitation to get out of your 2 year commitment so that you can get the programming you want in HD." or at the very least: "Yes, I can see how our information is misleading. Please accept this monthly credit for the remainder of your 2 year commitment." That would be nice for starters.

I posed this question to the official Dish Twitter account and just received this response: "The hd broadcast is controlled by the network providers. *MD". Uhhh....I don't think that's the case. That's not a good answer.

Bottom line: they need to know when consumers are pissed off. I am dropping AT&T DSL and switching to another provider this week because AT&T chose to implement usage caps. If I were not under contract with Dish I'd do the same thing. I vote with my dollars and it is why I loathe signing a contract with a service provider like Dish. I know I have to live with my mistake, but Dish needs to hear me. If I'm complaining, there are thousands just like me.

Honestly they are not answering because they don't know the answer. This type of thing is not handled by them or in the building where they work.

DISH is playing this one very close to their chest.

More responses from the Twitter feed:

I wrote: "Untrue. These are broadcast in HD on Directv and cable. You choose to NOT broadcast in HD on RSNs and it is deceptive for new subs. "
and then: "From what I gather online, its a bandwidth issue. You selectively broadcast some programs in HD and some in SD on the reg. sports networks."

They responded: "They decide who gets to broadcast the channel in hd sometimes we get to show some channels in hd and direct tv does not. *MD"
and then: "That's correct just like any other company direct tv has to do that as well. *MD"

Lastly, I responded: "You don't understand. Other channels are always HD. Ch 416 is often not broadcasting ANYTHING on the HD version. Std Def baseball sucks. "
and: "ESPN is always HD. Why should I have thought Fox Sports Southwest would be any different? *THAT* is what is deceiving and misleading."

And actually, I would expect the executive response team to have information on this so that they can communicate effectively and intelligently with their customers. If I email ceo@dishnetwork.com I would expect those people to have all sorts of information at their disposal.

I like how they try to get away from the sports answer with "hey decide who gets to broadcast the channel in hd sometimes we get to show some channels in hd and direct tv does not."

Directv has the RSN's in HD 24/7. The only 24/7 RSN they dont have in HD is FSN Ohio/FSN Cincy but the games are in HD
Even the part time RSN's (part time as in carried part time) like FSN Wisconsin, FSN Utah, FSN Houston etc the games are in HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts