HD Free for life question

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
I have the America 200 package and the Itallion network. I upgraded to the HD receiver and got a 722.

I am told I can have HD Free for life if I do paperless billing and auto pay.

Question. What "EXTRA" channels will I receive with the HD Free offer? Is this another 200 channels or just a few?

Thanks I have no premium channels now.

It's the same channels you have with the AT 200, you just get the HD version of those for free with autopay, paperless, and you have to commit for 24 months.

The 24 month commitment is no longer required (that changed a few months ago), just the autopay and paperless billing.

It changed for some during the "free gifts" time (as confirmed by Dish Internet Response Team member, NickF in the thread below. I signed up online and got the HD Free for Life with no fee and no commitment. I'm 100% positive that it did not enable a 24 month commitment as this was confirmed when I switched a 622 and a 322 for a 922 and a 211k for $100 a few weeks ago (at that time they confirmed I was not currently under any commitment.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/242082-thank-you-dish.html

well he writes
You no longer need the 24 month commitment in some circumstances! The requirement of a commitment is account specific.

so I guess the best thing is to call Dish and see what they can do for you

Right, or just log into your account and see what it says when you make the selection. :)

Well in order to upgrade it requires a 2 year contract anyways. It basically will be two contracts running at the same time. Both expire on the same day, unless you where thinking about buying the Receiver which to me is not worth it, because of cost. Not sure on the cost but I think it is around $400 for a 722.

For what it is worth, this is from the bottom of my GET HD FOR Life page on my account:
How Can I Get HD For Life?

Option 1: Sign Up for AutoPay and Paperless Billing Sign up for and maintain AutoPay on your account. Simplify your life with AutoPay - no checks to write, no late fees, no hassles. To allow a smooth transation to AutoPay, you will have to zero out balance on your account when you first sign up. Sign up for and maintain Paperless Billing on your account. With Paperless Billing, you can still view your exact statement online at dish.com/mybill. You will also receive an email reminder each month when your new statement is available.

Option 2: One-Time Non-Refundable $99 HD Upgrade Payment Pay a one-time non-refundable $99 HD upgrade fee to receive HD For Life.

No mention of a commitment.