Any chance new Dish/Fox deal will involve HD RSN's going 24/7??

db2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
MN
Anyone know if the terms of the new contract say anything about NOT showing HD sporting events on Fox HD RSN's in SD??

I believe they still have some bandwidth issues so I doubt we are going to see full time RSNs anytime soon. Had an exchange with the DishNetwork twitter account yesterday about last night's Blue Jackets game. An HD event shown only in SD, at least on the Columbus side. I'm sure Charlie got to see the Avs in HD.

It's fine if RSNs are not in HD 24/7, it is not fine however when your pro game is not in HD. For now, I would say we're golden. Everyone is at least able to watch their local teams.

It's fine if RSNs are not in HD 24/7, it is not fine however when your pro game is not in HD. For now, I would say we're golden. Everyone is at least able to watch their local teams.

??

It's not fine because I cannot watch my local team in HD because Dish decides they don't have room for my game in HD.

That is not true at all. Many local teams are not in HD on Dish and many HD games, particularly on the west coast, get JIPed (Dish is the ONLY provider that does this).

The only two ways to ensure that everyone is able to watch their local teams in HD on their RSNs is to make them HD 24/7 or put them on Spot beam

ETA: Tell that to fans that love to watch their games on YES or MSG

The only two ways to ensure that everyone is able to watch their local teams in HD on their RSNs is to make them HD 24/7 or put them on Spot beam

Is there a reason why Dish doesn't put HD RSN's on Spot beams? Is there a bigger reason that the average person wouldn't think of? Looking at the different lists on this site it would appear that there is some space on the respective Spot beams. Keep the current setup of RSN's on the Continental Beam for the purpose of the Multi-Sports pack and NBA League Pass/NHL Center Ice, but then also add a 24/7 HD feed of the RSN for a specific group of locals.

No its not, there is so much more than Game time only content on in HD. Much of the local programming on CSNCHHD is on in HD as well as poker series, HS Football, bellator fighting championships, Sports Rise, Sports Net, The Dan Patrick show, English Premier League Soccer, Ect.. You get my point.

There is so much sports programming that you are missing out on. Also, I would like to point out that Dish Network is the only provider out there that doesnt braudcast local sports in HD, 24/7. They do have the bandwidth, as they are not letting on. Its a shame that dish doesnt carry these as that was my only compaint with dish, and it pissess off coustomers when they cant see local sports programming on in hd.

Charlie is an Idiot for not putting these up in HD 24/7 as its basic programming that people want. Its just makes sence, and its hard to just watch tv, when you cant see the program you want to see!

Is there a reason why Dish doesn't put HD RSN's on Spot beams? Is there a bigger reason that the average person wouldn't think of? Looking at the different lists on this site it would appear that there is some space on the respective Spot beams. Keep the current setup of RSN's on the Continental Beam for the purpose of the Multi-Sports pack and NBA League Pass/NHL Center Ice, but then also add a 24/7 HD feed of the RSN for a specific group of locals.

That was one of my solutions when I was trying to actively get dish to atleast launch them on spots if they didnt want to dedicate the national space for HDRSN's. No feasable reason why they couldnt other than space.

No its not, there is so much more than Game time only content on in HD. Much of the local programming on CSNCHHD is on in HD as well as poker series, HS Football, Bellator fighting championships, Sports Rise, Sports Net, The Dan Patrick show, English Premier League Soccer, etc.. You get my point.

There is so much sports programming that you are missing out on. Also, I would like to point out that Dish Network is the only provider out there that doesn't broadcast local sports in HD, 24/7. They do have the bandwidth, as they are not letting on. Its a shame that dish doesn't carry these as that was my only complaint with dish, and it pisses off customers when they cant see local sports programming on in hd.

Charlie is an Idiot for not putting these up in HD 24/7 as its basic programming that people want. Its just makes sence, and its hard to just watch tv, when you cant see the program you want to see!

I get your point, I guess in the end it pretty much depends on everyone's perspective. Personally I consider the RSNs useful only for MLB, NBA, NHL and occasionally NCAAF, but that's just my opinion.

Always check the HD ALT sports channels, I've noticed many times that a game on one of the RSN's is playing in HD on a ALT channel, but the guide data doesn't even show the game there.

Not only that CSN CHICAGO + HD is not on dish all the time. Only COMCAST , ATT , and DIRECTV have all CSN + HD games. Dish only a few times. Also dish does don't even have all local games in HD all GAMES from the area teams ARE IN HD ON CSN OR CSN +.

CSN CHICAGO also has lots of FSN collge football in HD on CSN HD and CSN + HD.

D* has CSN CHI HD full time and CSN+ HD and that why I can't even think about about going to dish from D*.

Dish is missing the boat if they do not get the rsn in hd 24/7 within six month than Charlie will have to sell dish as I suspect dish will start to see a revenue decline due to a high churn rate.

tomcrown1 said:
Dish is missing the boat if they do not get the rsn in hd 24/7 within six month than Charlie will have to sell dish as I suspect dish will start to see a revenue decline due to a high churn rate.

That doesn't matter to everyone... If you like sports, you should be on Directv, not Dish...