722 rebooting

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
For whatever reason my 722 has rebooted on its' own twice so far this evening, messing up 4 different recordings.:mad: Great signal strength both on satellites (1000.4) and OTA. Does this mean the hard drive is on its' way out?:confused:

ed

Last edited:
I just got L671 and it's reeking havoc on my 722...

The only thing I seen changed is the aquiring signal dialog, and not for the better and my uhf remote doesn't work any more for TV2. Going to go see if it reset the address or something.

My 722 also rebooted itself twice last night. I am on L671. Picture froze and then receiver turned itself off.
It came back on without my doing anything after about 5 minutes.
I did the power cord reset the first time it happened about a week ago.
Seems like it's becoming a common problem. My father-in-law's 722 is also doing it.

Thanks for the responses guys. Nice to know I'm not alone.........:rolleyes:

I don't know when it was downloaded but the current sw (722) is 671. Got a sneaking suspicion it was just downloaded last night & that's what caused the reboots.:confused: The sw on my 622 is 630.

Ed

Add me to the list. My wife's 722 has been rebooting daily, and for a nice touch, rebooted 2 minutes before the end of the World's Series game. Fortunately, my 622 stayed up for the duration.

Add me to the list. My wife's 722 has been rebooting daily, and for a nice touch, rebooted 2 minutes before the end of the World's Series game. Fortunately, my 622 stayed up for the duration.

GGRRRR............ THAT woulda really ticked me off! My 722 has behaved since the double reboot the night before last. I did do a hard reset, dunno if that helped or not.:confused:

Ed

My replacement 722 has no issues whatsoever. But the old one had problems with freezes and reboots at least three times a day. I wish there was a list with explanations what some of the counter screen stuff means. Some stuff speaks for itself. When mine messed up with L671 on the line where it says Queue ID/Count, the error ID was always 7, and the count varied. I wanna know what error ID 7 actually is. Maybe you guys have the same error.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)