Any chance whole house DVR like U-verse

If the 722 with HD sling becomes a reality it could come close, especially if you could sling 2x from a box (i.e. both TV1 and TV2).

Where you find Individual DVRs that are cheap for Uverse?
Thanks
Bruce

My bad, I misread their brochures...Looking at it again, it looks to be only 1 DVR per house, and then Non-DVR HD boxes for the other outlets..So you can watch the DVR from any TV now which is nice, but limited to the capacity of the single DVR for recording (~37hrs)

Whole house DVR is nice but what I would like DISH to "copy" is the 4-tuner thing. I record using the 2-SAT and 1-OTA (total 3) tuners but sure would like more tuners to record more shows at the same time!

Whole house DVR is nice but what I would like DISH to "copy" is the 4-tuner thing. I record using the 2-SAT and 1-OTA (total 3) tuners but sure would like more tuners to record more shows at the same time!

Who wouldn't... problem is they would probably need to design a whole new LNBF technology to make this work.... and the receiver would probably be bigger than a 721 ;)

As for the U-verse deal... a lot of people are being mislead by the advertising (not to say Dish doesn't do it too, anyone who has installed for Dish has experienced what CSRs and Sales Partners have told customer's they could get, for free).... read ALL the fine print before before making any rash decisions.

Thanks for letting me know

No problem, thanks for the follow up. I was hoping I had missed something. I really like UVerse, however no Live TV control is a deal killer. I'm off to Dishnetwork I guess again, even though I know it's only a matter of time before Dish's CSR drive me up a tree.
See ya.
bruce

My bad, I misread their brochures...Looking at it again, it looks to be only 1 DVR per house, and then Non-DVR HD boxes for the other outlets..So you can watch the DVR from any TV now which is nice, but limited to the capacity of the single DVR for recording (~37hrs)

If the 722 with HD sling becomes a reality it could come close, especially if you could sling 2x from a box (i.e. both TV1 and TV2).
I suppose, if somebody wanted to spend the money, they could just buy a SlingHD for their current 622/722, and a SlingCatcher for the 2nd TV, when they are released in October.