Any code for Olevia yet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

m1cross

Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
I bought an Olevia 32" lcd about 6 months ago. Any codes or dish remotes operate Ovenia yet? thanks

Olevia 42" here. Since its located by my 622 I use my Sony universal remote to operate both (UHF) but I'd still love to have a code for the Dish remote, especially for the wife. Dunno if the code thing is up to Olevia or Dish's engineering???

Ed

Have you bought a new remote? As long as you have the same remote the same codes are stored on the chip in the remote. DISH cannot update codes already stored in the remotes chip. DISH is also very slow about updating their data bases.

Olevia Tv

My 30" Olevia HD Monitor is 3 years old and I still dont have a code fore the silver remote yet. Had the same problem with 3 different remotes and IRDs, 811, 211 and now my 622 no code works. Dish's engineering on these things sucks too!!!!

Before i went with all sonys, the 32" Olevia i gave to my brother used the code: 523, which is listed under the Goldstar tv. I sat down one day, and punched in every number i could till that one worked!
Hope it works for someone else....

Have you bought a new remote? As long as you have the same remote the same codes are stored on the chip in the remote. DISH cannot update codes already stored in the remotes chip. .

Exactly. you need to see what revision of the remote you have (on the back there is a version number) and try an updated remote.

Sadly however, I don't think dish has added many brands to their database lately and honestly I'm glad, cause it helped me decide to buy a harmony remote and I'll never go back.

Exactly. you need to see what revision of the remote you have (on the back there is a version number) and try an updated remote.

Sadly however, I don't think dish has added many brands to their database lately and honestly I'm glad, cause it helped me decide to buy a harmony remote and I'll never go back.
When I set up my Harmony for my VIP622, it kept asking me which input to use and I didn't know how to answer that. I think I bypassed that somehow.

Before i went with all sonys, the 32" Olevia i gave to my brother used the code: 523, which is listed under the Goldstar tv. I sat down one day, and punched in every number i could till that one worked!
Hope it works for someone else....

Can anyone else vouch for this code? there are rumors ofa great deal on these BF so it amy be of critical importance to many.

but since Goldstar became LG several years ago i suspect that thsi info amy be out of date.

Last edited:
I have an Olevia 32" which I've had for a couple years. I just "browsed" using the power button/down arrow key until it found a working code. No problems yet.

I continue to be quite satisfied with my Olevia HD TV, especially in $ value.

I just use the Olevia remote to control the TV, and the 622 remote for everything else.

I love my Olevia TV. My biggest complaint (and it was pretty small) was that there were no discrete input buttons on the factory remote, and when you have 8 inputs to cycle through, that's a whole lotta blue screen when switching sources. Luckily, the Harmony database has Olevia discrete codes now! It's like having a brand new TV, not having to wait for the remote to cycle through all those inputs.

I've been quite happy with my Harmony 550 and Olevia combo. It's got a high WAF also, at least from my lovely wife. :D

My wife would never go for multiple remotes. Oh well. i knew that a $300 HD TV was too good to be true!

I have an Olevia 32" which I've had for a couple years. I just "browsed" using the power button/down arrow key until it found a working code. No problems yet.

How many times did you have to push buttons to get it? I've tried that but after punching buttons up and down for like 10-15 minutes it never connected.

I'd love to ditch my Olevia remote. I love the tv. It has an incredible picture for the amount of money it cost but their remotes totally suck.

If I bought a universal remote like the one Geekboy suggested, will it work on TV2? That's the tv I need it to work on and I thought it operated a little different. (UHF versus IR)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)