Any concerns with joeys overheating?

tjguitar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
I turned off my joey last night around 11pm and I went to work and came home around 6 pm. The thing still feels hot. I understand they don't have fans in them, but should it still be hot after 19 hours of non-usage? I'm kind of regretting not going for super joeys as that would have increased the tuners as well for s negligible monthly increase.

People have reported good results standing the Joey on its side for better heat dissipation.

I turned off my joey last night around 11pm and I went to work and came home around 6 pm. The thing still feels hot. I understand they don't have fans in them, but should it still be hot after 19 hours of non-usage? I'm kind of regretting not going for super joeys as that would have increased the tuners as well for s negligible monthly increase.

They do run hot and it's important to make sure they have room. Don't place it next to something else that also gives off heat. I had my router set on top of it when I installed it and forgot to move it. It didn't take long before it shut down due to it overheating.