Any DiRT team members around this afternoon?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
Hey guys,

If any of the DiRT team members are around this afternoon, could one of you check the status of a service call? I'm not terribly happy with what has happend to me this morning, and not sure I trust what I've been told via phone support.

Here is my scenario. I had a new roof put on my house on Friday (9/2), but the roofers didnt get my Dish put back up properly, so I have no signal. I went online via tech support chat that night and scheduled a service call for a repoint for today (9/4) between 8-12.

Fast Forward to today...8-12 goes by, no show, no call. At ~12:15 I called phone support at the scheduling number I was given, and a rep said they had spoken to dispatch and contractor would call "within a few minutes." That didnt happen either. At 1:45, still no show or call, I called back, and was told my appointment wasn't until "6:26PM" (that in an of itself is ridiculous...they can't hit a 4 hour appt window, but they have an appointment listed as exact as 6:26?!?:rolleyes:)

After a brief rant on my part, the rep told me no one was available to come any sooner, and no appts available tomorrow. (Yes, I know it is a holiday, and no I can't stay here tonight and continue to wait as I have dinner plans elsewhere. Heck, I've already blown half of the day sitting here waiting on them now for no reason:rant:) The rep finally agreed to give me an appointment early on Tuesday and "noted on my account that I should be first on the list".

I know there isnt really anything that you all can do for me at this point for today, but is there any way a DiRT member could at least check my account and see if the rescheduled appt is as I've listed above? Feel free to PM me for my account info if what I've asked is possible. Members of the DiRT team have been very helpful to me in the past, and I would just like to have someone that knows what they are doing review this fiasco, and double-check the revised scheduling is as I was told.

Thanks for reading all that.
Dave

UPDATE...after all that, a Tech finally showed up @ 4:15 before I had to leave and took care of the repoint.

Last edited:
The only thing is with the holiday weekend, I'm not sure he will be in today.

Yeah...I thought that might be the case. Figured I'd try at least...just totally frustrated.

Thanks for the heads up, though! :)

NEVERMIND!

To update...after all that, a Tech finally showed up @ 4:15 before I had to leave and took care of the repoint.

Service calls can be frustrating. I always schedule for the AM and hope for the best. I used to schedule for the afternoon but was always told that I cannot check status until the afternoon is complete at 5PM. At 5 PM I am told that the dispatching office is closed and I have to wait until tomorrow. At least with an AM appointment I have some shot at getting status the same day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts