Dish billing is driving me crazy!

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, I need to vent a little. I keep getting over charged on my account and after numerous attempts to get it fixed I have gotten fed up. Decided to remove auto pay and paperless billing because of the errors and plan to pay only what I agreed to. The problems started back on 5-14-11 when I asked about upgrading my service and if I would retain the $15 per month credit for the first year and was advised by chat that I would. So I got the upgrade but when the bill came in the $15 credit was not there. After a couple more chats trying to get this sorted out I was advised that no I would not get the credits. So I asked to have the account put back the way it was before the upgrade and was advised that I would get the remaining credits. Looked far to me so I said (by chat) ok. The next bill had the credit but this month it was gone again and there is an additional un-explained $5.00 charge. I'm done messing around with this. When the paper bill comes in I will pay the amount I agreed to and Dish can just go pound sand! BTW - I have capture text files of all the chat sessions. About all I can say at this point is Dish needs to work on the their customer service and quit jacking there customers Later, DC

I thought if you kept it for 30 days there was no downgrade fee?
You are correct. New Accounts have 60 days before incurring a fee. The OP stated he upgraded then had the account put back where it was. The putting it back is what probably generated the fee. Upgrading should not have effected the credits on the account. If you downgrade you get the promotional credits for the package you downgrade too. He should not have lost his credits.

Maryb probably has the best chance of helping if he PMs the information seeing she can actually look at the account. The rest of us have to guess and that looks like it includes the OP.

Could not tell you. Chronology would help.

The first post pretty much has it all. One of the Dish customer service persons made a mistake and fed me bad info. Mistakes can happen but what rubs me is the lack of resolution. I keep getting advised (by chat and I have copies) that it will get fixed but so far it has not. I could post the chat sessions but I'm not sure at this point it would be best. The bottom line is I do not trust Dish billing anymore and had to remove the autopay option. Later, DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts