Random reboots driving me crazy.

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
This is happening on my ViP622 and my in-laws' ViP722 for the past few weeks. The unit will become very slow to respond to the remote. For example: press guide. Wait 12 seconds. Guide appears. Press down. Wait 12 seconds. Guide scrolls. Press select. Twelve seconds later the channel changes. As you can imagine this is quite painful. The workaround is to reboot the receiver.

The issue also occasionally will manifest itself in becoming completely unresponsive to button presses; after some unknown number of ignored buttons it reboots.

About half the time, the reboot never finishes until I get its attention with the power cord.

Ok, before jumping to the conclusion that I have a unique piece of bad hardware, this is happening on both a 622 and 722, one on eastern arc and the other on western arc and on two different accounts. Both were operating 100% normal prior to probably 3-4 weeks ago. Perhaps the latest software update has botched something?

Known causes of these problems are overheating receivers, make sure there is airflow on sides and top and low signal strength or poor connections to the dish antenna. If it was a software update issue, a flood of posts would appear.

Are the receivers connected via ethernet? My 622 was rebooting almost every other day until I disconnected the ethernet wire. Did that 2 months ago and have only had 1 re-boot since. My 722 does not however have the reboot issue if connected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)