Any discounts available for EXISTING customers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DanBobTerror

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Hi, I see a new post here almost every week about how to save by becoming a new DTV customer. I have been with DTV for about 1.5 years now and all of my initial incentives have dried up.

I currently pay about $140 a month for the premier package, 4 receivers, and HD and HD+.

My question is, can I get a discount somehow if I call up DTV and cry about how much I am paying? :(

Thanks for any advice....

-DBT

I have been a DTV sub since early 2001. For about a year (up until now) I had my account on hold due to where I was living, so I called to re-activate it when I moved. Saw something here about a guy who got 2 HD DVR boxes for $25, I was paying about $300. ($99+$199) so I called and asked if there were any deals.

"Well you're getting the $10 off plus the $8 off" is what they told me, and I'd get it for a year.

When I said "Isn't that the same offer that's on the website for new subs?", the guy replied "You mail in the rebate and you'll get it, but go ahead and do it soon." :confused: (basically he ignored me)

So I guess not... but it was worth asking. Hoping to get the SWM dish/LNB at least! :hungry:

They do seem willing to give away the Showtime/Movie Channel and Starz/Encore pack for free for 3 or 6 months. I have received that deal numerous times over the last few years.

Hi, I see a new post here almost every week about how to save by becoming a new DTV customer. I have been with DTV for about 1.5 years now and all of my initial incentives have dried up.

I currently pay about $140 a month for the premier package, 4 receivers, and HD and HD+.

My question is, can I get a discount somehow if I call up DTV and cry about how much I am paying? :(

Thanks for any advice....

-DBT
Why do you think you deserve a discount they still have about a year and a half before they see a profit off you. You got free installation discounted equipment and discounted programming as a new customer. Part of that payment you make every month goes to the programmers,pays for that discount you received up front and even has to pay for those CSRs we complain about.

Remember the days when D* would give you a voucher for one free Pay per-view movie a month to send in with your bill? That is the most discount I have gotten from them and I have be with them since 94. My bill 200+ a month. :hungry:

Remember the days when D* would give you a voucher for one free Pay per-view movie a month to send in with your bill? That is the most discount I have gotten from them and I have be with them since 94. My bill 200+ a month. :hungry:

AMEN!

I remember those days, guess that shows our subscriber age!

My bill is not quite what yours is but close. I did get a free replacement basic receiver once.

In geneal - DirecTV is controlling discounts much closer than in recent years past. At 18 months, you are still in contract, and will not likely receive a discount.

After your contract is up, discounts are generally tied to new hardware (receivers) - not programming, with the occsional exception of a free pemium network for a few months.

I had some down time at work and called to check if they had any promotions. For whats its worth I got HBO and Cineamax for 14.00 for three months...

Why do you think you deserve a discount they still have about a year and a half before they see a profit off you. You got free installation discounted equipment and discounted programming as a new customer. Part of that payment you make every month goes to the programmers,pays for that discount you received up front and even has to pay for those CSRs we complain about.

I did my own install. I have been a customer for 20 months and have paid them over $2,000 in sub fees. Is your math that bad or do you really think the $300 I paid for each receiver was discounted that heavily? Or are you just trolling? Why do I deserve a discount? Because I'm in the A class of revenue generation and I will be for all time. It pays to keep your customers happy and occasionally let them know that you appreciate their business and that they value your future business. Now that I think about it, you must have been trolling, I have a hard time believing your comment was genuine. There is only one other option, but I don't like to insult people....

What you should do is call in and complain that you paid full price for your receivers and you're reading everywhere that people got them for $99 ($199 plus a $100 programming credit or flatout rebate)...say that you feel like the CSR you talked to didn't locate the proper promotion and kind of took advantage of you...if that person doesn't help you, call back. Someone will help you. Not sure what it is you want from them, but my guess is you could probably get a credit for each receiver...maybe $10 off per month or something...so it might not be worth it. You'll be out of your contract in a few months though, right? At least then you can really cancel if they won't help you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)