Any DISHnet Customers Interested in Testing Something?

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH contacted me and they are looking for testers to help them test some new VoIP Equipment.

Testers must currently have DISHnet service (HughesNet, ViaSat/Wildblue) to participate.

Testers will be loaned the equipment to test and be given free VoIp service for the length of the test, after the test, the testers will have the option of buying the equipment at a reduced price of sending it back.

Testers will be required to answer some surveys during the testing about the product.

If you are interested please reply in this thread. DO NOT PM ME. When replying please let us know who your Satellite Broadband provider is.

Thanks!

Will this beta be discussed openly here? I don't have satellite broadband but I'm very interested in how they propose to make VoIP work smoothly given the unavoidable latency in the uplink/downlink legs of the trip...

I don't have Dishnet either or I'd certainly be interested. I did want to point something out though that is right along these lines. I installed Dishnet for a customer a few months back. Shortly after, they got a range extender for Verizon cell service since there is not where they live. I've been back there since for a receiver upgrade and used their phone to make a call. To my surprise, I couldn't even notice the latency. That leads me to believe that whatever VOIP they are setting up will work equally as well, if not better.

I have wildblue currently Scott. I'd be interested in trying it. Let me know I currently have dish tv service as well

I have Hughesnet Gen4(HT1000) and 9000. I would be very happy to assist in this.

I have passed everyone's info who has expressed interest in helping dishNET with their tests to dishNET.

Over the next few days dishNET will be PMing those members with more information and details.

Thanks for your help! :)

Hi there (& thanks Scott),

Thanks everyone that has volunteered to help DISH with our dishNET/VoIP product performance trials. I'll continue reaching out to you all today, but wanted to let everyone know we still have some open slots in the trial if anyone else is interested. And again the only real qualification are that you are a dishNET customer using satellite for your broadband service.

For the trial, all equipment and associated services will be provided to you free of charge, we only ask that you fill out the occasional online survey during the trial. And as with past trials, once finished, you will have the option of either returning the device or keeping it with no charge and subscribing to the digital phone service at a special discounted rate. Whether you choose to return or keep the product, you will still be eligible to participate in future DISH Product Performance Trials if you so desire.

Thanks again,
-Don

Product Marketing
DISH Network

Don -

I would be willing to help with this test. I have the ViaSat Exede service through Dish. I've been very happy with it and would love to see how VoIP works with it.

Wait they are testing VoIP over satellite Internet? I would think that the latency would drive one insane.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Not sure if it is too late, but I would be interesting in testing, they are installing DISHnet satelite interent next week, so I would be able to provide totaly new user experiece feedback.

Danmed