Any DVB-S2 Android box with quad core processor and octal video interface yet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vondertrenk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
Canada
Lots of Android+DVB-S2 boxes on Internet, most of them based on the dual core 1.5 Ghz. Most of the new Android boxes rely on quadcore chips with octacore GPU.
Does anyone knows if is there any DVB-S2/Android box yet based on the new chips ( quadcore plus octacore GPU?)

I found the best place to search for these type of things is on Aliexpress. I did a search, and i couldn't find anything with more than a dual core.

Reactions: Vondertrenk
I guess I better wait till they are on the market. Most comments for example favour Kodi in quad cores vs dual cores. let's see what will come

I found the best place to search for these type of things is on Aliexpress. I did a search, and i couldn't find anything with more than a dual core.
Yes, I found a few, almost six to seven different models, but all dual core. And after all, expect Vigica, no way to have manufacturer's support

It would be nice to have the two services on a good quad-core box; one less cable to send to the TV, anyway, you cannot watch the content of both service at once :)

Quad core development samples are now the development platforms for next generation STBs. Haven't seen anything greater, but I am sure the big boys are working with them already.
Hi Brian
You know a lot of those guys. Let them know what would be a must and a wish for the next generation:

MUST:
-4:2:2

WISH:
3-D

I am pretty sure there will be a lot of other gadgets people would love to add to that list

Yeah - I saw the Vigica site a few days ago saying their new Quad core Android-based unit comes out next month. Anyone have any feedback on that unit?

Status
Please reply by conversation.