ku 97w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rho

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
Jamaica
Hey guys,
I'm still trying to find 97w ku, and I still can't get a signal. I have a cw700, a 4ft dish and a linear ku lnbf. I'm in the Caribbean.
I'm getting quality up to 75 as I move the dish around it drops and raises, but never a single signal.
I honestly don't know how to use dishpointer.
I'll post pics of my set up if u guys want to see

Hey guys,
I'm still trying to find 97w ku, and I still can't get a signal. I have a cw700, a 4ft dish and a linear ku lnbf. I'm in the Caribbean.
I'm getting quality up to 75 as I move the dish around it drops and raises, but never a single signal.
I honestly don't know how to use dishpointer.
I'll post pics of my set up if u guys want to see

To use dishpointer:

Enter your location. Zoom in slowly on the map until you can drag and drop the marker on the spot where your dish is mounted. Select the sat you want to aim at from the drop down list, in your case 97W. The green line points to the direction you need to aim your dish to and also the azimith (both actual and magnetic) are displayed below the map. If you are using a compass, point the dish to the magnetic azimuth given. If no compass, find an object on the ground (tree, building, etc) that falls along the green line and aim your dish towards it. You will also see the elevation listed. This is what you need to set the elevation scale on your dish to. After making these adjustments gently tighten things down in case you need to make any changes. Standing behind your dish, adjust your lnb skew (rotate the lnb in the holder) to the direction/figure given in dishpointer and tighten down. If there is no scale on the lnb you will need to eyeball it. For example, imagining a clock face, +45 skew would be about 2:30 on an analog clock. Make sure your settings for the lnb, etc are correct in your receiver and you should be ready to scan for channels at this point. If you can post some pics, that would be good too. :)

Last edited:
Can you post the specs of the LNBF and also the settings in the antenna setup in the CW700?

Also what transponder are you looking at.

Standard ku lnbf
Part no. Jsc321S
Input frequency (ghz) 11.7- 12.2
Lo frequency (mhz) 10750
Noise frequency 0.2db
Output frequency (mhz) 950-1450

20150206_110026.jpg 20150206_104655.jpg

You got no Quality showing, which means you're not locked on anything. Signal only means that the LNB is working and not necessarily locked on anything. Is that TP you're trying to lock a "known" strong TP for that satellite?

And was this dish used for something at that location before you started fooling with it?

If so, what satellite was it pointed at before?

Signal is showing 71% so receiver is seeing the connected LNB. Did you get your dish aimed per the dishpointer? If so, try to get Quality using transponder 12152 H 20000 3/4. Rotate dish on pole left, then right to about 20° from your starting point moving the dish slowly to allow time for a signal lock. If you try both ways and don't get signal, return to the starting point and raise or lower your elevation a degree. Repeat this until you lock a signal.

Last edited:
Your profile shows your location in Jamaica. If so, the LNBF skew is not set correctly. The photo shows the LNBF skew set at 0 degrees.

The approximate skew rotation for Jamaica on 97W would be approximately +45 degrees counter clockwise as viewed while standing in front of the dish looking at the back of the LNBF. If the skew (rotation) is not set close to this angle, you will not receive any signals even if the dish is tracking the arc and all other settings are correct.

Okay let me adjust and get back to you guys, yes I changed the tp

Does the lnbf skewed at a 45 degree angle now? I need an example

Attachments

• 20150206_171952.jpg
    20150206_171952.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 180
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts