Any E* customers hear audio problems on Disney HD channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Indiana627

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
Vestal, NY
First off, I'm a D* customer. The reason I'm starting a post on the E* side is to get some information. Ever since we got Disney HD in early April, we (not just me but many other D* customers so it's not my equipment) can hear an audio distortion during some shows. It always seems to happen around the 18-20 minute mark of the show (so 7:18-7:20 or 7:48-7:50) for example. It will last for about 45-60 seconds.

It's hard to describe what it sounds like, but it sounds like all the audio is being highly digitized (kinda a mix of the audio going through a TalkBox (like Peter Frampton's "Show Me The Way"), a fax machine sound, and the way the Cylons talked in the original Battlestar Galactica ("By your command"), or a weak AM radio station with lots of interference).

I record the Wiggles at 7AM eastern for my daughter and hear it a lot in that show. Other shows that it's been heard in are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, My Friends Tigger and Pooh, Little Einsteins and Hannah Montana to name a few. It doesn't happen every day during these shows, so it's a little unpredictable.

Have any E* customers heard this?

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I noticed it on a recording of High School Musical 2 (from a week ago I believe) a couple of times during the movie (ok, my daughter asked me what was wrong with the sound!) and also to a lesser extent with a recording of a Wendy Wu (or something like that) movie. Just as you describe - a two minute or so patch of distorted, digitized sound.

Well I guess that means the problem is with Disney then. I'm pretty sure the D* engineers have contacted Disney about it. Just hope it gets fixed soon. Thanks.

dishquality@echostar.com for all audio /video complaints.
I think it's a Disney problem since both D* and E* customers are hearing it. But, writing to E* may prompt them to pressure Disney to fix it. I hope the D* engineers have contacted Disney about this since we've had this channel longer and were the first to experience this problem. I'm 100% sure the D* engineers are aware of this problem.

I have a 722 and my second non-HD set has audio problems on most of the channels. NBC is the worst - I have the sound to the max just to hear what's being said. Many other stations sound tinny and echo-y.

i had that problem this moring, my year old daughter was watching disneyHD on the nonHD tv in my bedroom while i was asleep. she woke me up saying something was wrong with the TV, it was a horrible digital sound. I swapped to the SD feed and there was no problem.

Haha, I heard that couple of days ago and started freaking out that my speakers were blown or something.... almost sounded like blown speakers, but not really. Heard it twice in Disney and actually heard it once yesterday, for like 10 seconds, on FOX during the Nascar race...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts