Any experience using an IR extender with a Hopper 3?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

grecni

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2004
I received my Hopper 3 last week. I use a Harmony 650 remote. The remote works fine with no changes but it seems the IR on the Hopper 3 is less sensitive than my old Hopper s/Sling and I'm having to switch between my Harmony and the Dish remote. (I want to stay with the Harmony remote because of the ease it provides to control everything in my home entertainment center - switching to just the Dish remote is not an option).

I tried using a NextGen IR extender and can not get it to work with the Hopper 3.

Has anyone else tried an IR extender with the Hopper 3? Anything work? Does anyone know exactly where the IR port is on the Hopper 3?

Thanks in advance.

Hopper 3 works fine with IR from Harmony Ultimate across the room. Do you have an awkward line of sight? I switched to the Harmony Elite and the Hopper 3 sees the hub IR reflected off the opposite wall.

Has anyone else tried an IR extender with the Hopper 3? Anything work? Does anyone know exactly where the IR port is on the Hopper 3?
I found the most sensitive location to be just to the right of the center line.

About here:
IMG_0999.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts