any feedback on the Coby Android tablet?

Well works good... has side buttons to move around and also a big silver one in the front. Factory rom sux as it dont have market and cannot be installed neither.
Flashed it to a custom rom and now its fully functional and has MARKET just like my EVO does.

Flashing it was so simple and even rooting it was a piece of cake. The touch screen is actually great and battery last a good while too.

I will keep it for now since I have 30 days to return it, if anything I have nothing to lose.

Its been fun using it all day today, and I like it considering it only cost $139 LOL

Stay tuned.

BTW, I just wrote this using the Satguys Android app.. works great too

Attachments

• watery-kyros-1.1-2.png
    watery-kyros-1.1-2.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 235
  • watery-kyros-1.1-1.png
    watery-kyros-1.1-1.png
    273.1 KB · Views: 225
  • watery-kyros-1.1-3.png
    watery-kyros-1.1-3.png
    18 KB · Views: 220
How responsive is the screen? My dad has the pandigital novel (strange 9" form-factor), and its touch screen bites. Pretty much need to use a stylus with it, not very responsive. I was able to get the Kindle app on it, but it does not support the market, so its pretty frustrating. I wish he had asked me before he bought it.

Assuming the Colby's one is multi-touch, you'll find that Froyo works GREAT on a 7" form-factor. If you enable compatibility mode, it should cause all apps to run full screen as well. At least it does on the Tab.

Enjoy!

Can you please post or direct to a link that shows the available ROMs, how to flash and root it?

Well works good... has side buttons to move around and also a big silver one in the front. Factory rom sux as it dont have market and cannot be installed neither.
Flashed it to a custom rom and now its fully functional and has MARKET just like my EVO does.

Flashing it was so simple and even rooting it was a piece of cake. The touch screen is actually great and battery last a good while too.

I will keep it for now since I have 30 days to return it, if anything I have nothing to lose.

Its been fun using it all day today, and I like it considering it only cost $139 LOL

Stay tuned.

BTW, I just wrote this using the Satguys Android app.. works great too

rockymtnhigh said:
How responsive is the screen? My dad has the pandigital novel (strange 9" form-factor), and its touch screen bites. Pretty much need to use a stylus with it, not very responsive. I was able to get the Kindle app on it, but it does not support the market, so its pretty frustrating. I wish he had asked me before he bought it.

Assuming the Colby's one is multi-touch, you'll find that Froyo works GREAT on a 7" form-factor. If you enable compatibility mode, it should cause all apps to run full screen as well. At least it does on the Tab.

Enjoy!

Even with OEM rom it was surprisely responsive. After custom rom even more that I have not even pulled out the stylus.

All apps do run full screen

Also I went to the Coby link you posted: what are the differences between the models that are the same size? I viewed the specs and cant see any?

charper1 said:
Also I went to the Coby link you posted: what are the differences between the models that are the same size? I viewed the specs and cant see any?

The 7025/7026 7" models support up to 32GB MicroSD (7015 supports up to 16GB)

7025/7026 comes with 1Ghz processor (7015 has 800Mhz)

7025/7026 come with Android 2.3 (7015 with 2.1)

The one I have is the 7015.

charper1 said:
I am thinking about the 10" series (MID1025/1026)

Where did you get your ROM?

Wow 10" nice move. Here is the site

Androidtablets.net

Sent from my EVO using SatelliteGuys Android App

BTW, there are new models coming soon.. So Id wait on those.
Again I got this 7015 to test it within the return policy from frys lol.

But heck, so far am having fun with it.

New release v.1.2 for the 7015 today and seems even faster now.

Sent from my Coby Kyros MID7015A using SatelliteGuys App

Enjoy!
All is not lost for the Pandigital tablet. Check out Pandigital Novel Android Tablet Discussion - SlateDroid.com Google Market does work on the PD.
They are working on Froyo right now.

Nook color seems to also be a nice 7" tab onced rooted with 2.2

Am be getting the Nook Color soon from Walmart.com to test it with froyo 2.2 soon. Luckly I have 60 days to return it, but Ive read really good reviews from the NC so looks like its gonna be much better then the 7015.. we'll see hehe.

Ok looks like I will be returning the Coby 7015 caz the Nook Color is a beast.

Rooted and running 2.2 and overclocked at 1.1Ghz runs hella fast compared to the 7015 at 725Mhz.

It was fun testing the Coby 7015 but now its going back to Frys tomorrow lol.

Let's see how long I keep the Nook color.

Help convince me that Tablets are worth it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)