Any fees to downgrade package?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

labrat321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
I have been with direct for about 3 months on the choice package. If I upgrade to xtra then downgrade back to choice the next week would there be any extra fees or just the prorated package costs?

This also shouldn't affect the promotional price, correct?

If you are getting a promo price on a package, changing the package may remove the promo, even if you return to it. Are you looking to get a particular channel for a week?

raoul5788 said:
If you are getting a promo price on a package, changing the package may remove the promo, even if you return to it. Are you looking to get a particular channel for a week?

Just want a channel for one night. The promotional pricing I have now is by rebates on my bill, so as long as I continue to have the minimum package required when I signed up, I wouldn't think moving from one package to another would affect it.

I recently downgraded my package. I am still on new-customer promo pricing and I did NOT lose that pricing on the new package.

I want Speed channel for just Saturday night. I have watched it a few years ago online through one of the 'grey' area websites, but was unreliable and not very good quality. If I could find a good online site with decent quality, that would be great. I would be ok with keeping the xtra for 30 days and dropping back if I just had to pay for the one month. I just can not justify $5 extra a month all year for one night a year, as there really isn't anything else in the xtra pack that we would watch compared to the choice package.

DirecTV CSRs say there is only a cancel fee ($10) for Premier or premium channels, but there is a loophole. If you're switching premiums and keeping the total you subscribe to the same no fee. Basic package changes don't have the thirty day requirement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts