Any golfers here?

Didn't play much last summer, and my handicap is now up to 17. Getting too old and too poor to lower down to the goal I had of a single digit.

Salsa, vacation season pricing is a bitch for you locals. You need to go to Myrtle Beach for a week. They're giving away golf right now. My boy just went down there, and he got a spectacular deal for 7 days, including 7 days of premium courses. Lodging and golf for less than a K. On the beach on top of that.

AT BEST, I was about a 12 handicap. But that was before I had kids and $$$ to play.
Now, I do not get out as much. Before, I use to work 3rd shift and get in a couple of rounds before the kids and be done by 1:00pm. Now, I am about a 19....maybe 20 handicap. I have ONLY been out to play 5 times since last June when we went to Puerto Rico and I played almost every day I was there(10 straight days and played 2 rounds a day 8 out of those 10 days!!!....it was ALMOST better than sex...!! LOL!;) )

This spring I am going to try something I haven't done yet, but others have.

I am going to go snow skiing in the morning, golfing or beach in the afternoon, and catch a Dodger game in the evening.

I have done two of the 3 before, but never all three in one day.

LOL!!! sounds like almost a PERFECT day!

AT BEST, I was about a 12 handicap. But that was before I had kids and $$$ to play.
Now, I do not get out as much. Before, I use to work 3rd shift and get in a couple of rounds before the kids and be done by 1:00pm. Now, I am about a 19....maybe 20 handicap. I have ONLY been out to play 5 times since last June when we went to Puerto Rico and I played almost every day I was there(10 straight days and played 2 rounds a day 8 out of those 10 days!!!....it was ALMOST better than sex...!! LOL!;) )

I can't do more than 27 holes in one day. The mental strain is a killer. Just can't stay focused any longer than that. 9 hrs. is a long time on the course. Feels more like a job than fun.

I can't do more than 27 holes in one day. The mental strain is a killer. Just can't stay focused any longer than that. 9 hrs. is a long time on the course. Feels more like a job than fun.

I was playing on week days when I was down in PR and concentracting on family stuff on the weeks....but I would still sneek out on at 5:30am....tee off at 6:30am and be back at my uncles house by no later than 10:30am. It was truly awesome! I acutally like playing either solo or with one other person than in a group.

I am going to go to the driving range today. The courses will be so packed it won't be worth trying to get on there.

It is about 50 degrees today. Highest I think it has been all year.

Ramy, you ever play at Pebble Creek by Cinci? Very affordable, a whole lot of fun. Used to play there every time we came down to bowl in the Hoinke tournament. Lots of hills, hazards were fair, greens usually fairly quick. Great course no matter your skill level. Very pretty course.

Ramy, you ever play at Pebble Creek by Cinci? Very affordable, a whole lot of fun. Used to play there every time we came down to bowl in the Hoinke tournament. Lots of hills, hazards were fair, greens usually fairly quick. Great course no matter your skill level. Very pretty course.

Nope never played there. Cincy is about 3 hours away from me.

Going to play a round with my Dad tomorrow. :D

You live almost as far away from Cinci as I do. 4 hr. ride for me. I don't know why I thought you lived closer.

Everybody thinks for some reason that KY is a small state when lengthwise it is pretty big. It would take over 8 hours to drove from one end to the other.

I live where KY, OH, and WV all come together.

Everybody thinks for some reason that KY is a small state when lengthwise it is pretty big. It would take over 8 hours to drove from one end to the other.

I live where KY, OH, and WV all come together.
It takes 8 hours to drive from one end of LA County to the other. :p

Of course that is due to traffic. :D

Seriously though. 8 hours? You must be driving slow (averaging about 45 mph)? It is only 380 miles from East to West. If you travel at 65 mph it would take only 5.8 hours. Of course nobody drives that slow. At about 80 mph, which most of us here in CA do at minimum on wide opened highways and multilane freeways, it would take only 4.75 hours. If you do the average speed that most out here drive it will take only 4 hours.

Last edited:
Ugh. What a mess your city must be. I can't imagine having the patience to deal with that. ;)
I was being sarcastic of course. You also have to realize that I was talking about the County, not the city. The County is larger than some NE states and many times larger than LA city (which too is geographically one of the largest cities in the country).

Remember, out here west of the Rockies the counties encompass many cities and are large. East of the Rockies cities encompass more than one county and are often smaller than the city.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)