Any good or very bad Comcast stories?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Can you renegotiate a rate? Has anyone actually done that? For example at the end of a triple play promotion?

I recomend you do that with any service you get from any company, rather it be cell phone, tv, internet, credit card, car insurance... Companies want your money. Make them work for it. They arent gonna tell you have to save money, you have to do a little leg work and figure it out. You usally get the best results if you call the cancelattion departments. Tell them your tired of X (whatever price, service) and see what they will offer to keep you.

I also believe that the service is only as good as the people doing it. I know in New Hampshire at least that the techs even the non employee techs get more than decent pay with very good benefits. Because of this they have more to lose compared to other area's of the country. So in those markets that become Comcast as long as Comcast keeps things the same I believe the people will be no different and as such service will be kept at the same quality level. I've noticed that service is far far better at restaurants in New Hampshire compared to Florida but I also noticed that New Hampshire is a very high tipping state from both seeing what people left and talking with my waiter/waitress. Heck when I've gone out to eat with my father (I hate eating alone lol) I'd tip my entire meal sometimes which is 20 bucks. So with the whole bill for both of us that would be around 40-45% but we feel its worth it as we tend to want sides of this and that along with several soda refills. We always want an extra side of salad dressing, extra butter, extra gravy, extra bearnaise sauce and god knows what else.

I just feel that sometimes you only will get what you pay for which IMO shows exactly why some states have worse service than others.

:up This is really noticeable in the "tourist" areas usally if you talk to the waitress/waiter and let them know your a local you get a little better service, because our european freinds are not known for their tipping, some restraunts even add it onto the bill automaticly because of this. So those waitress seem to give poor service because either A. They dont expect a nice tip or B. they know they are getting one anyway so they could care less what you think.

I guess I was really spoiled from the joys of having VOOM (R.I.P.) for as long as it lasted...sigh...when they went belly-up, I decided to give Comcast a shot.

I must honestly say that I have been very pleased overall with both their service and the quality of the digital & HD programming. They are definitely NOT the cheapest by far, but at least down here in S.Florida, you DO pretty much get what you pay for. Comcast is running me about $90+ a month for their basic package with HD & HBO.

The 6412 DVR works fairly reliably; it records, it plays back; it also is prone to occasional audio dropouts & pixilization. The On-Demand is pretty neat, and it's the one thing that sets it well apart from either of the sat. providers.

LeeB

I think Comcast rocks!

I went back to Comcast today with the Dishwinback promotion.$25.00 off for 16 months!I came from Directv which I hate!I now get more channels like HBO COMEDY AND HBO ZONE AND INDIEPLEX AND RETROPLEX!I really like my service.:)

Recently switched back to E* from Comcast. I had no qualms with Comcast. Very good HD, DVR (3412) was adequate. Customer service was a little lacking but only dealt with them on a couple of occasions (minor issues). Switched back to E* because I was at the end of the 18 month promotion (got a very good deal). Price went up considerably so I had to go to E*. All in all I had a good experience with Comcast.

Well where to start... Just switched back for my Howard TV and no compressed HD and I have had alot of problems with my second HD DVR "3416" It is not showing all my channels and I am starting to get really fustrated with them and the local office is out of more boxes. So I will call the lovely 800 number and have a "tech" come out with a new one. If it wasnt for the Howard TV I duno what I would do. Hurry up at&t with the Uverse plez!!!!!

Can you renegotiate a rate? Has anyone actually done that? For example at the end of a triple play promotion?

I used to work for Adelphia-(Now C-cast) in W. Palm Beach, FL. As a rep I could obtain permission on a individual request for lower rates after a promo expired. It happened on occasion, BUT it only was granted to customers who pd. on time every month and that were long term subscribers. I don't know how rigid C-cast is as they just took over in WPB. One thing is for sure. You won't know if you don't ask. Hope this helps.

I was an Adelphia customer, and now I'm a Comcast customer. Comcast messed up my billing and cut me off last week. I checked my bank statement, and I had been paying all my bills. So, I'm getting rid of Comcast, and getting Dish Network. If Comcast didn't treat me so bad when I called up trying to correct the situation, things may have been different. The people I talked too, did'nt care much. Screw Comcast.

I was an Adelphia customer, and now I'm a Comcast customer. Comcast messed up my billing and cut me off last week. I checked my bank statement, and I had been paying all my bills. So, I'm getting rid of Comcast, and getting Dish Network. If Comcast didn't treat me so bad when I called up trying to correct the situation, things may have been different. The people I talked too, did'nt care much. Screw Comcast.

Well, I got C-cast a month ago. I still have Dish & I can honestly say Dish and I had no big problems. I still have a DVR and the top 100 chs. with Dish until June 6th when my lease runs out. I may keep the DVR & the same pkg. as the SciFi ch. comes in poorly on C-cast.

Here's the deal- I was a CSR for Adelphia and know how get problems resolved. If you pd. your bill & can prove it to C-cast there won't be any problem. Many of the reps are stupid or lazy and don't give a F**k. It's a sh!tty job and most of them work nights and/or weekends. Tat's the way it is.

Since I got hooked up with C-cast they shut MY cable modem off twice by accident. (Some dumb ass had the wrong acct. up??) When they look into your history- (they're supposed to type in notes about issues) if they see that yoiu are an excellent payer & always on time they most always fix the problem immediately. My modem was back on both times in about 3 minutes.

You obviously talked to a stupid, rude rep. Call them & be NICE- if you get stonewalled ask for the supervisor and don't take no for an answer. The supervisor will fix the problem. Usually they will ask for a faxes receipt/canceled ck., etc.

I have had good luck with both Dish & C-cast so far. But, at $69.95/mo. for 12 months I got a hell of a promo. I have had HSI for 6 yrs. and don't want DSL-(YUk). My monthly HSI cable bill was going up to $57.95 from $42.95. So, for a paltry $12.95/mo. more I get classic cable, HBO, Starz, 1 Digi box, and I couldn't get HSI through Dish. They only offer DSL. I download tons of pictures from the Internet & have NO patience with DSL or dial up.

Think about what you really want- Then if you want to keep C-cast take my advice. You will get the desired results if you're NICE and act like a victim instead of a hot head. I knew reps that would "drop" the call if a person got nasty. The only edge I have over you is I worked there and know how to play the reps to get what I want. I always pay on time ONLINE and always have proof to fax if nedded. I will tell them i worked there which gives me an edge, but I always ask the rep for their extention number initially and greet him/her nicely at first.

Reps are used to getting yelled & sworn at. I personally like dish's PQ better, but it's not cost effective right now. Call back C-cast & ask for a supervisor to straighten things out. Ask for a "professional courtesy" like a $20 credit on your acct. for the RUDE rep you dealt with. Just be NICE to the sup. Believe me, it went a long way when I worked for Adelphia. Good luck.

I work for a large ISP, so I know how to play the talk to the account rep game. I aways stay nice, but since I can't get my billing fix, it's bye bye Comcast. I have no patience for horrible customer service. I am keeping the cable modem, but If I could get DSL, I'll drop my cable modem in a heart beat. I just really want as little of my money as possible going to Comcast. Maybe someday FIOS will show up in my area.