Any HBO deals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just wondering whether there are any current offers on HBO. I never see anything under offers in my account.

There are a couple -

$ 5 off so $ 14 instead of $ 19 for 6 months.

Also they recently started pimping HBO/Cinemax two pack for $ 20 - essentially HBO at full price and Cinemax for a buck more, also for 6 months.

HBO seems to be the only premium without a 3-month free "try out" for existing customers.

There are a couple - $ 5 off so $ 14 instead of $ 19 for 6 months. Also they recently started pimping HBO/Cinemax two pack for $ 20 - essentially HBO at full price and Cinemax for a buck more, also for 6 months. HBO seems to be the only premium without a 3-month free "try out" for existing customers.
No half off offers?

Heck, at half off, HBO is pretty expensive (to a cheapo like me... though it'd be cheaper than buying the discs).

It's definitely overpriced. If you're not the type who just HAS to see things as soon as they're aired (and you have a decent internet connection) it makes sense just to sub a month here and there and catch up via HBO Go.

It's definitely overpriced. If you're not the type who just HAS to see things as soon as they're aired (and you have a decent internet connection) it makes sense just to sub a month here and there and catch up via HBO Go.
Got lucky last free preview. They had On Demand available and I was able to download the entire third season of Game of Thrones on demand and watch it within a week after the preview ended and before the downloads expired. I felt a little guilty, but if they put it out there, it is on them. Thanks HBO.

Yep, I'll be looking for a deal once Game of Thrones starts up. I'll use HBO Go to watch True Detective, Game of Thrones, Eastbound and Down, Silicon Valley, and Veep. They have made HBO Go so good that I think it makes the most sense to just pick your favorite HBO show and subscribe during that show's season. You easily can catch up on everything else you missed over the year while just paying for a couple months.

If you really have time for some binge watching you could just wait until the last month of your favorite HBO show and try to get by paying for just one month each year.

Yep, I'll be looking for a deal once Game of Thrones starts up. I'll use HBO Go to watch True Detective, Game of Thrones, Eastbound and Down, Silicon Valley, and Veep. They have made HBO Go so good that I think it makes the most sense to just pick your favorite HBO show and subscribe during that show's season. You easily can catch up on everything else you missed over the year while just paying for a couple months.

If you really have time for some binge watching you could just wait until the last month of your favorite HBO show and try to get by paying for just one month each year.

I'm having Comcast Internet installed. Only Internet, no TV or Phone. When I was working out the deal wight he CSR they offered unpublished package of HBO-GO + Streampix for +$5/mo @12 months to the internet only package. They were also comping installation when you get the HBO package vs $49 for install. Not sure what the non-promo price is, but I would guess a lot less than the $19/mo Dish wants. I'm told this promotion is market based, so YMMV.

My experience was they really started buttering you up with discounts when I told them I had existing satellite service with time left on the contract. I think they really wanted to get their foot in the door.

I'm having Comcast Internet installed. Only Internet, no TV or Phone. When I was working out the deal wight he CSR they offered unpublished package of HBO-GO + Streampix for +$5/mo @12 months to the internet only package. They were also comping installation when you get the HBO package vs $49 for install. Not sure what the non-promo price is, but I would guess a lot less than the $19/mo Dish wants. I'm told this promotion is market based, so YMMV. My experience was they really started buttering you up with discounts when I told them I had existing satellite service with time left on the contract. I think they really wanted to get their foot in the door.
using a roku box? Might be out of luck. Thought you couldnt use the app on roku if you try to authenticate through comcast

using a roku box? Might be out of luck. Thought you couldnt use the app on roku if you try to authenticate through comcast

I don't have a ROKU, but thanks for the heads up. I checked the HBO GO page and it says Comcast currently works with:

Apple (iPhone, iPad, AppleTV)
Android Tablets
Android Phones
Chrome Cast
Kindle Fire
Samsung SmartTVs
XBox 360

Dish Network Supports the above plus:
Roku
PS3

In regard to deals, I really don't see many in the my deals section, I use the chat feature on the dish website to inquire about any promotions

But don't you have to subscribe to HBO to get the HBO Go to work?

That's starting to change. Comcast currently offers internet plus HBO Go for $40 and we will probably see more ISPs doing this in the future.

But yes, you are correct for the most part. That's why some of us were saying to subscribe for a month or two and catch up on the rest of the year during that time. HBO Go keeps every episode of all all their shows available all the time so there really isn't a need to subscribe all year anymore unless you have to see every show the same night it comes on.

For me subscribing during the Game of Thrones series makes the most sense. That way I can use HBO Go to watch Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, and Veep the same night as they air every week and I'll be able to go back and watch other shows I missed during the year like True Detective and Eastbound and Down. I will pay for a couple months of service and get to see everything I want from HBO.

I'm having Comcast Internet installed. Only Internet, no TV or Phone. When I was working out the deal wight he CSR they offered unpublished package of HBO-GO + Streampix for +$5/mo @12 months to the internet only package. They were also comping installation when you get the HBO package vs $49 for install. Not sure what the non-promo price is, but I would guess a lot less than the $19/mo Dish wants. I'm told this promotion is market based, so YMMV.

My experience was they really started buttering you up with discounts when I told them I had existing satellite service with time left on the contract. I think they really wanted to get their foot in the door.

Not so secret. Comcast has offered Blast Plus for over a year now (50/10 internet, 40 - 50 channels, HBO (with HBOGO) and streampix). They are now offering variations of that package with different internet speeds and number of channels at different price points. Where I live Blast Plus non-promo pricing is $82.99 before taxes and fees (get your own modem to save $8 per month), and you can replace the free sd cable box with cable card devices, 1st cc is free and the 2nd is only $2.50. It's a great deal for "cord shavers".

Yeah I've also got the Blast. Just got them to lock me in for another year at 44.99. Picked up an identical Arris modem on Amazon for 25 bucks compared to $8/month they would charge. I reliably get 58/12 (according to speedtest) when hardwired.

She tried to talk me into the X1 platform but they can't come even remotely close to the price I negotiated with Dish for the next year.

But don't you have to subscribe to HBO to get the HBO Go to work?
That's the thing. If HBO was willing to make HBO GO a separate subcription for subs to don't need HBO on TV, it would be a win-win for everybody. And HBO could and probably should lower the price for subs who just want HBO on TV.

As an example: HBO GO Only: $10; HBO on TV only: $13 (same price as the other premiums); HBO and HBO GO: $18 (which is roughly the current price right now).

Just my idea on pricing. I know it may not ever happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts