Any HD broadcast without"DISHHD"pack?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

russod

Original poster
Feb 23, 2007
Newbe here. With owning a HD tv and selecting all DISH HD options except "DISHHD" package can I expect any HD broadcast with the Top 200 channel lineup? .Thanks in advance...Don

Yep, if you don't want to pay the 20 bucks, then use the TV's Internal digital tuner or an external digital tuner to receive you OTA locals in HD for free. If you are close enough to receive them.

HBO HD, Showtime HD and Starz HD are part of their respective movie packages, but you do have to pay an HD (because we can) enabling fee of $6 to get them if you don't have the HD pack.

Starz HD is at 61.5° and 129°. The other two are at 110°.

See ya
Tony

I think that enabling fee is also required if you want to use the OTA tuner.

Besides, I don't think they'll lease you a 622 unless you get DishHD.

What other HD options are there?

You can get your locals in HD for free if your DMA is covered by Dish and you all ready subscribe to the SD locals. You also get any of the 'HD free previews' when offered on channel 287 and you can can get HD PPV.

John

If you like pro soccer sailing, the arts, foreign movies, antiques, fashion, exreme sports, travel, buy Voom. Although you'll hear contrary reports, I think Voom is an outstanding value.

Although Voom isnt free, I agree, i am very happy I have it. Aside from DishHD and locals, I think there are maybe 5 or so other channels I watch. Too bad they dont have a DishHD, Locals and a "Pick Any 5" (or a "Pick Any 10") package. Probably too many people would want cause I guess that's basically ala carte.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)