Any HD Spotbeams reach North Louisiana?

MaryS910

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
Having lost my Atlanta locals and not wanting to 'move' back home since DISH offers no HD locals here, I have a question. Would one of you that understands those maps please look and let me know if any Spotbeams with local HD reach North La? I'm not sure if these cities have local HD on DISH but mileage wise, the closest are Dallas, Little Rock, Jackson MS and in Louisiana, NO, Baton Rouge and Lafayette.

I have an OTA but the signal is inconsistent.

Thanks in advance!:)

I currently have the New Orleans locals which should reach you. Where do you live Shreveport,Monroe,etc. There not in HD yet but they will be launched Thursday I believe. Whats good about getting the New Orleans locals you can get CST and CSTHD then you can watch all the Hornets games and they air all the LSU games the day after as well as a lot of NFL access with the Saints. So just something to think about.

If I were you I would still get a good OTA antenna to catch your locals so you'll have your weather and local news. I highly recommend Antennas Direct C4 ClearStream4 Outdoor Digital HD TV Antenna (C4) | C4 [Antennas Direct] | Antennas Direct c4 terrestrial digital c3 clear stream color stream digital stream hd1080 hd-1080 clearstream 4 clearstream4I can catch all my locals easy I also catch locals 60+ miles away easy with this antenna. Don't buy it at BB though its like 150 whereas its only 60 at SS. Good luck.

Having lost my Atlanta locals and not wanting to 'move' back home since DISH offers no HD locals here, I have a question. Would one of you that understands those maps please look and let me know if any Spotbeams with local HD reach North La? I'm not sure if these cities have local HD on DISH but mileage wise, the closest are Dallas, Little Rock, Jackson MS and in Louisiana, NO, Baton Rouge and Lafayette.

SB42 covers NE LA: http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/database/Subscription/images/CIEL2_SB42.jpg

Lafayette will be on this one sometime in March. Baton Rouge will follow later.

SB41 barely clips extreme NW LA: http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/database/Subscription/images/CIEL2_SB41.jpg

SB37 catches the tip of NW LA: http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/database/Subscription/images/CIEL2_SB37.jpg

New HD starts being added to 129W this week. There isn't much scheduled for any of the above beams in the next couple of months.

New Orleans is scheduled for SB50 this week but that beam doesn't go up north: http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/database/Subscription/images/CIEL2_SB50.jpg

Other than the ConUS HD locals on 118.7 and 77W, I don't think there are many options for you presently.

SB37 catches the tip of NW LA:
Other than the ConUS HD locals on 118.7 and 77W, I don't think there are many options for you presently.

I am in Shreveport. Where are the Conus HD locals located that you mention above?

Also, is the green circle SD and the yellow HD or what, exactly?

Thanks!

Everything available and on what satellite can be found at The List!. See the tab at the top of this page. When you get to the page, click on "Subscription List Home" and then whatever satellite position you want to browse.

Check your signal strengths on 129 transponders 1-16 and report back. I bet you are inside some beams with ease.

Check your signal strengths on 129 transponders 1-16 and report back. I bet you are inside some beams with ease.

Thanks for your reply. Here is the report that I also just posted in your other thread where you were polling people about their signals on satellite 129. So, what Spotbeams are on Satellite 129, 1 through 3? Thanks in advance!

01: 45% (Spotbeam)
02: 30% (Spotbeam)
03: 40% " "
04: 0%
05: 54% Transponder
06: 0%
07: 0%
08: 0%
09: 0%
10: 0%
11: 12% (Spotbeam)
12: 0%
13: 0%
14: 0%
15: 0%
16: 17% (Spotbeam)
21: 71% Transponder
22: 57% Transponder

Last edited:
Check your signal strength on 110 Transponder 31. You are just inside the fringe area of the Dallas HD locals spotbeam on 110. You might be able to get them.

Satellite 110, Transponder 31 gets about 28 when it locks in.
29 40
27 70
23 71

So what does this tell you, if anything? Thanks! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your reply. Here is the report that I also just posted in your other thread where you were polling people about their signals on satellite 129. So, what Spotbeams are on Satellite 129, 1 through 3? Thanks in advance!

01: 45% (Spotbeam)
02: 30% (Spotbeam)
03: 40% " "
11: 12% (Spotbeam)
16: 17% (Spotbeam)

1 - Spot 37 (nothing yet)
2 - Spot 41 (nothing yet)
3 - Spot 37 (nothing yet)
11 - Spot 42 (Lafayette, LA - not available yet)
16 - Spot 38 (Memphis, TN)

Surprised you don't see TP 13 and TP 14 of Spot 38.

1 - Spot 37 (nothing yet)
2 - Spot 41 (nothing yet)
3 - Spot 37 (nothing yet)
11 - Spot 42 (Lafayette, LA - not available yet)
16 - Spot 38 (Memphis, TN)

Surprised you don't see TP 13 and TP 14 of Spot 38.

Question: My dish system, I noticed, is set on 500 as there is no setting for 1000.2 unless it is supposed to say Super?

I just ran those memphis ones again and am getting this:

13--0%
14--17% SB
16--20% SB

I guess that is too sketchy for me to pick up Memphis, huh? Did you see the numbers I posted for Dallas? Would that be a possibility?

THANKS

From looking at those spots (37) (Memphis) and (41) (Dallas) it looks like you will be able to get them fine when they're loaded. As i understand Digiblur's post, they're not sending channels on them yet. A signal level of 17 or 20 is probably too marginal, certainly less than you would want.

From looking at those spots (37) (Memphis) and (41) (Dallas) it looks like you will be able to get them fine when they're loaded. As i understand Digiblur's post, they're not sending channels on them yet. A signal level of 17 or 20 is probably too marginal, certainly less than you would want.

Oh, i must have misread it. I thought he said that the Louisiana stations weren't there yet but Memphis and Dallas are....

Question: My dish system, I noticed, is set on 500 as there is no setting for 1000.2 unless it is supposed to say Super?

I just ran those memphis ones again and am getting this:

13--0%
14--17% SB
16--20% SB

I guess that is too sketchy for me to pick up Memphis, huh? Did you see the numbers I posted for Dallas? Would that be a possibility?

THANKS

Those are marginal. I wouldn't go with that. I'd wait till the other beams I listed that do not have anything yet.

You could try the Dallas beam on 110 that was mentioned by someone else. I'd check the signal on that one at different times of the day to make sure you aren't getting dropouts. But just remember, the lower the signal the more rain will affect that one.

Oh, i must have misread it. I thought he said that the Louisiana stations weren't there yet but Memphis and Dallas are....

Never mentioned Dallas in my post. The only stations I saw that were in your area were the Lafayette and Memphis ones. Memphis is there, so is Lafayette but not available. The other beams do not have anything assigned to them right now.

Spotbeam question

I live in central North Louisiana 30 miles north of Monroe, LA.
Does any of these numbers below put me in a HD market if I "move"?
Any other possibilities I am over looking?
I have a OTA antenna but due to disability its not handy for me.

Satellite 129 spotbeam 16 pulls in 47% locked

Satellite 129 Transponder 15 reads 67% locked.

Satellite 129 spotbeam 14 reads 44% locked.

Is there a map where I can look at the spotbeam of 129 and other satellites such as 110 and 119 orbit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)