Any HD Spotbeams reach North Louisiana?

Mary and anyone else in Central Time Zone.....

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier.

I live in Bossier City (this is across the Red River from Mary for others not familiar) but I "Live" in Nashville and get Nashville locals in HD. Have done so for a couple of years.

They are on a CONUS beam on 129. Not sure how much longer they will stay there though.

Nashville isn't CONUS. They went spotbeam a couple of months ago. Click TheList link in my signature, go to 129, and search for Nashville. You'll see what I'm talking about.

The only CONUS locals on 129 are the Indy locals on TP5 which probably won't be CONUS much longer.

You just got lucky and picked a market that wasn't spotbeamed before and just so happened to be in the spotbeam now.

I live in Bossier City (this is across the Red River from Mary for others not familiar) but I "Live" in Nashville and get Nashville locals in HD. Have done so for a couple of years.

They are on a CONUS beam on 129. Not sure how much longer they will stay there though.

Nashville is on spot beams on both 129 and 61.5. Which satellite and transponder are you getting them on?

Nashville is on spot beams on both 129 and 61.5. Which satellite and transponder are you getting them on?
I just checked a couple channels via my slingbox and they are coming in on 129 TP 14. Jeez I can't believe I am in the spotbeam for Nashville. Signal strength was low though.

I guess it is the angle of the satellite that elongates the spot. Got lucky on that one. I never noticed a burp at all.

Look at this pic from the list.

CIEL2_SB38.jpg

In the lower left-hand corner, follow I-20 west. At the extreme west against the edge of the pic outside the outer ring, you see where the google map has a little vertical rectangle where it turns to high quality imaging. That is the Shreveport/Bossier area. I live even further west of the edge of the map. You can see I-49 coming up from the south. They converge in Shreveport. I am probably two miles east of where they converge

Thanks Digiblur for the links you posted. What does the green circle and the yellow circle mean? Green would be GREAT and the yellow one NOT SO GREAT?

I have an antenna mounted on my roof to get my locals in HD but it drops out like every 10 minutes. If a gnat flies by and farts it goes out and it's really testing my patience.

Sigh, I just wanna be able to record something without it telling me I've lost signal and missing half the show.

They are estimated coverage maps. Yep...you guessed it right on the colors. I made them easy to read for folks.

I just checked a couple channels via my slingbox and they are coming in on 129 TP 14. Jeez I can't believe I am in the spotbeam for Nashville. Signal strength was low though.

I guess it is the angle of the satellite that elongates the spot. Got lucky on that one. I never noticed a burp at all.

Look at this pic from the list.

In the lower left-hand corner, follow I-20 west. At the extreme west against the edge of the pic outside the outer ring, you see where the google map has a little vertical rectangle where it turns to high quality imaging. That is the Shreveport/Bossier area. I live even further west of the edge of the map. You can see I-49 coming up from the south. They converge in Shreveport. I am probably two miles east of where they converge

LOL...um.. I think all of us posting in this thread know where Shreveport is and what I-20 and I-49 is. ;)

Well, yes, you could have saved a lot of posts if you had noticed this earlier, lol! Seriously, didn't I read somewhere on here that they were moving those off of Conus? I think that is why I didn't move there. Or as you said, you just got lucky! It looks like many of us in North La are most unhappy with our HD local situation. If you leave Nashville, I recommend the Dallas area. Have you checked the strength of your signal there?

To the non-Louisianians reading this thread....look at the map...we in North La are in a wasteland as far as local HD coverage. We're on the edge of several areas but nothing encompasses us!

Lord yes I'm very familiar with Shreveport, since, I have to go there every 3 months or so. We are probably on the lowest end of the totem pole for HD locals.

Soon as my new receiver gets here I will "move" to Nashville and see how it goes there. I always did like "country" music.

Well, yes, you could have saved a lot of posts if you had noticed this earlier, lol! Seriously, didn't I read somewhere on here that they were moving those off of Conus? I think that is why I didn't move there. Or as you said, you just got lucky! It looks like many of us in North La are most unhappy with our HD local situation. If you leave Nashville, I recommend the Dallas area. Have you checked the strength of your signal there?

To the non-Louisianians reading this thread....look at the map...we in North La are in a wasteland as far as local HD coverage. We're on the edge of several areas but nothing encompasses us!
I made a post last week in the new HD thread griping about Meridian, MS getting HD locals (They are DMA #184 whereas we are #84) I don't read here much since an event happened a while back in regards to a certain sub forum. We'll leave it at that! ;) For those of you that have never been through Meridian, MS, it is a pimple on the map in the wasteland of I-20 between Jackson, MS and Tuscaloosa, AL. The nicest building in town is the Harley dealership. :eek:

But I will have to re-read the thread tomorrow and check out what bird and tp the Dallas locals are on. If I get a stronger signal from the big D I would enjoy that as rain fade would be less. But I also have friends and co-workers in Nashville so it is nice to catch up on what is happening there for small talk.

Actually not a waste land... you are right smack dab under the a spotbeam on 129 for HD locals. There's just not any there yet ;)

You're lucky you have 2 choices and a couple more in the future. Some areas have zero choices right now.

R U married? :D

Lord yes I'm very familiar with Shreveport, since, I have to go there every 3 months or so. We are probably on the lowest end of the totem pole for HD locals.

Soon as my new receiver gets here I will "move" to Nashville and see how it goes there. I always did like "country" music.
Good for you that you hate Shrevetown!!! I hear mayor Klump is running for re-election. Glad he didn't get a new fleet of Harley's for the po-po out of the Porkulus bill. :up :D

Good for you that you hate Shrevetown!!! I hear mayor Klump is running for re-election. Glad he didn't get a new fleet of Harley's for the po-po out of the Porkulus bill. :up :D

I don't recall saying that I hate Shrevetown. Actually, I live in West Monroe. I don't know who mayor Klump is and I'm sure he's no worse than ummm let's say mayor Norris.

On second thought, I do hate Shrevetown because my mother sent me there to stay with my uncle one summer when he was stationed at Barksdale AFB. God that brings back so many ugly memories and now I have to call my therapist. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)