Any help/suggestions for Absolute HD customers??

ENCORE HD (E)

We actually get Encore HD (E) with Absolute...on mapdown channel 340.

Lucky you:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](23-12-3) John S.: Thank you for contacting Dish Network. We are the HD and DVR leader. My name is John, operator ID number is Z1Z. How are you today?
DIRAN ONI: Fine and you
(23-12-3) John S.: I am fine thank you.
(23-12-3) John S.: Thank you. To get Encore in HD, or any of the movie channels in HD, you will need to subscribe to the premium package.
(23-12-3) John S.: Encore HD, channel 340, comes in the Starz package and can be added for just $12.99 per month.
(23-12-3) John S.: Would you like us to add that for you?
DIRAN ONI: Thank you for your time.....I dont need it at this time
(23-12-3) John S.: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
DIRAN ONI: Thanks...have a nice Sunday
(23-12-3) John S.: I'm glad that we were able to assist you with your issue today . Please remember you can view and pay your bill, order PPV's and change your programming with your online account. I hope that you are as excited as we are about your continuing service with us and hope you enjoy the lowest all-digital programming in America! Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, and have a great day!
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
[/FONT]

Sometimes E* forgets to remove certain channel additions, but in this case I think it's not luck and rather the Starz movie package subscription. It would be good to know Fitz, so don't be shy.

I think you are mistaken. No one with Absolute HD has ever said that on here.

What package do you have?

Perhaps you are confusing that channel with CNBC.

The channel you are referring to is #209 or #9511.

Sorry about that. You are right, I was thinking of CNBC -- channel 208.

What's a (non-contract) Absolute HD ($29.99) subscriber to do?

Current missing: BET HD, Encore HD(E), FOX Business Network HD, FOX News Channel HD, FX HD, MSNBC HD, MTV HD, NICK HD, SPEED HD and VH1 HD.
And the problem is? :rolleyes:

Seriously the only channel on that list we* would really like is SPEED HD. But even if our HD wish list were 'all of the above'. We'd stick with the best value HD package in pay TV. TV just isn't worth a lot more than 29.99 + locals to our family.

Talon Dancer

* we = anyone in our family

How would you guys like Dish running the health care system? Who knows more about charging more and giving less?

That is an ironic question in an HD Absolute thread. Dish created a package for $29.99 that started off with 43 national HD channels, they added more channels to it over the last year, and they didn't raise the price.

Is there any other provider in North America that will give you 40+ HD channels for $30/mo?

As far as Encore HD (E)...Yes, I have Starz, but got Encore HD (E) even when I didnt have Starz. Encore has always been listed as a TurboHD Gold channel, and we've always gotten all the HD channels that TurboHD Bronze/Silver/Gold has gotten, plus what's in Platinum.

I know the attachment is for Turbo Gold, but I'm pretty certain that Absolute gets all the Turbo HD channels, no?

Is anyone with Absolute without Starz, getting Encore HD (E)? Since I have Starz, I'm not a good person to answer this.

Also: http://www.dishnetwork.com/turbohd/customer.aspx

Attachments

• turbo_hd_gold_dishnetwork.png
    turbo_hd_gold_dishnetwork.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
As far as Encore HD (E)...Yes, I have Starz, but got Encore HD (E) even when I didnt have Starz. Encore has always been listed as a TurboHD Gold channel, and we've always gotten all the HD channels that TurboHD Bronze/Silver/Gold has gotten, plus what's in Platinum.

I know the attachment is for Turbo Gold, but I'm pretty certain that Absolute gets all the Turbo HD channels, no?

Is anyone with Absolute without Starz, getting Encore HD (E)? Since I have Starz, I'm not a good person to answer this.

Also: HDTV - High Definition Programming Options
Here's a test (since you are the only one): drop Starz and see if you still get Encore HD.

Then if you do, get confirmation that you are on Absolute HD instead of Turbo.

I think everyone would love that - more HD with no additional cost.

Sounds like the atmosphere of much of the whole country right now: we want it all but don't want to pay for it.

I'm happy to pay more to get more, but I'm most happy with Absolute HD programming right now. Glad I got in when I could.

I don;t think we are against paying more, but be fair, add the missing HD to Turbo and Absolute and charge and extra $10 a month, but to go up close to $30 just to gain those channels is nuts. I have not tuned to a non-HD channel in probaly close to a year and have no intention of doing so in the future. If they want to be the HD leader then lead, offer a comprehensive HD package stop fluffing it with SD crap to jack the rates up.

Here's a test (since you are the only one): drop Starz and see if you still get Encore HD.

Then if you do, get confirmation that you are on Absolute HD instead of Turbo.
Sure, if you're up for sending me the downgrade fee. I don't need confirmation that I'm on Absolute. I've had it since February 2008, and my monthly bill says Absolute.

I don;t think we are against paying more, but be fair, add the missing HD to Turbo and Absolute and charge and extra $10 a month, but to go up close to $30 just to gain those channels is nuts. I have not tuned to a non-HD channel in probaly close to a year and have no intention of doing so in the future. If they want to be the HD leader then lead, offer a comprehensive HD package stop fluffing it with SD crap to jack the rates up.
There are very many folks here who would like a comprehensive HD only package, unfortunately Dish has flopped that one twice now. Something else is going on that is not talked about much.

Sure, if you're up for sending me the downgrade fee. I don't need confirmation that I'm on Absolute. I've had it since February 2008, and my monthly bill says Absolute.
I dropped a movie add on and was not charged a downgrade fee. Just PM me with a copy of your bill if you get it and I'll send you the $5. :D

Not for me, none of the channels missing from absolute are worth paying extra for to me.

Checked with one of my friends who has Absolute w/o Starz and he, like the others in this thread, is not getting Encore HD/SD, so I respectfully concede that Encore is not included w/o subbing to Starz. This, however, is odd since I recall E* providing info that it was included. We may have, at the time that E* added Encore HD, already debated that we weren't getting it w/o Starz - I just can't recall that discussion with much clarity.

Yes. Wish we could get Encore HD. I recently stayed at a rental house for a few days that had Dish and the Encore channel. Had some good movies.

Other than that, I am staying with Absolute. The price is fair for what we get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts