Any hopes for HD Channels on Sat 119 and 110, from 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gt5513e

Original poster
May 26, 2008
My house is full of trees and the only satellites I have access to are 110 and 119. I have used Dish for the last three years without any problems. Now I would like to switch to HD but the installer from Dish Network told me that I would have limited access to HD since I don't have a line of sight to 129 or 61.5.

How much would I be missing if I still go ahead and get the HD box installed?

Is there, in the near future, a plan from Dish to move HD channels to 110 or 119?

Appreciate the help. Thanks

My house is full of trees and the only satellites I have access to are 110 and 119. I have used Dish for the last three years without any problems. Now I would like to switch to HD but the installer from Dish Network told me that I would have limited access to HD since I don't have a line of sight to 129 or 61.5.

How much would I be missing if I still go ahead and get the HD box installed?

Is there, in the near future, a plan from Dish to move HD channels to 110 or 119?

Appreciate the help. Thanks

This site uses google earth to view different satellite's, find your house and check everywhere on your properity for the best line of sight view. I had to use a seperate dish for 129 for a tree problem. You might want to install google earth to get a better view of your tree problem than the web page dishpointer.com does. Be sure to Check and enable Obsatacle line of sight checker
DishPointer.com - Satellite Dish Pointer / Alignment Calculator with Google Maps

DirecTV satellite's for you should be higher in the sky.
DirecTV satellite's 99/101/103/110 and 119

Last edited:
Dish has what we will be calling the eastern arch coming up on line soon for those with limited access to the SW locations what this means is we will be able to just turn and go NE and get the sattellites you will need to get all of your HD programing be patient it is comming in the very near future or you could trim some trees

The Eastern arc will be 61.5 sat mainly, which he said that he cannot get because of trees, so it will not help his situation.

With the Launch of Echostar 11 is there any possibility of get more HD Channels from that satellite?

Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)