Any "How long have you been with Dish?" threads on the forum?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

reilly9999

Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Roseburg, Oregon
Hello everyone,
Curious if anyone can provide a link to any threads about how long people have been with Dish.
I sent off a rather terse message to Dish about being a fifteen year customer and
getting treated like I just signed up when it comes to tech support and customer service. The latest episode
was about upgrading to the new Hopper/Joey system.
Any time I contact these departments I have to go through an entry level workers check list before I
can be bumped up to the next level of service.
My email was about the possibility that a long time customer would be automatically sent to a higher
level of support based on years with Dish.
That got me to thinking about how many of us have been continuous customers since the beginning
(in my case, since 1997).
Any links?
Jack

I think that all customers, regardless of how long they have been with Dish, should be treated with the same courtesy and respect. I've only been a Dish customer for 12 years, but I don't expect any special treatment for it.

I also feel obligated to treat the Customer Service and Tech Support people with the same courtesy and respect I expect them to show me.

I think I read somewhere on this forum a while back that Dish (and I'm sure other companies) have an A,B,C...type grading system for their customers based on their payment history, level of programming subscribed to, and how long you've been a customer etc. I've been a customer for over 12 years, and I feel there's been times when they may have gone the extra mile because I'm an excellent customer. Just MHO though lol.

9/1/2001, still have a scanned copy of the installation paperwork.

In another thread, one poster stated that he had been a customer since about three years before Dish stated their dbs home service. Yeah, I used to have an Echostar c band receiver too. Does that count?

I think I read somewhere on this forum a while back that Dish (and I'm sure other companies) have an A,B,C...type grading system for their customers based on their payment history, level of programming subscribed to, and how long you've been a customer etc. I've been a customer for over 12 years, and I feel there's been times when they may have gone the extra mile because I'm an excellent customer. Just MHO though lol.

As far as I know through my experiences with DISH you are correct.:)

Oh, I'm sure they do. On more than one occasion I've heard a customer service rep say out loud, "Oh, you've been with us since 1997(or the amount of years)"... and offer to move my call up to a supervisor or senior tech. They have definitely gone above and beyond for me on several occasions, but still, "Have you unpluged your receiver for ten seconds and plugged it back in?"; gee, no, I've never heard of that trick before:D

Self Install 4000 receiver in 1997 Upgraded by adding a second 5000 receiver with offair tuner and guide built in in 1998/99 Then added an SW42 and second dish for 110.

09c13668-b7dd-43be-beff-2d73cb8f2b75

Last edited:
Wow, that picture brings back some memories, first one I got also.
I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when they came out with a DVR that had a whooping
five hours of recording time!
And the ill-fated Web-TV; I actually enjoyed that machine.
Besides Pepsi, the only consumer product I've stayed with for fifteen years is Dish.
Jack

Besides Pepsi, the only consumer product I've stayed with for fifteen years is Dish.

Not me...I jump back and forth between Pepsi and Coke when there are customer offers I can't refuse. Usually though I buy enough to lock myself into a 2-week commitment. ;)

Last edited:
Been with Dish for 7 and a half years now. Haven't had a lot of problems with them although I just hope they don't ask for an outrageous amount when I'm ready to upgrade to a hopper.

Well the party line is $100 for the upgrade and $95 for the install if you have Top 200.
You can request a wave of the install fee, which is what I asked about and they granted that.
Told them I'd think about it.
I guess one of my bitches in an email to ceo@dish... was that I had to find out about the new system
from a review on one of the forums.
I've been an early adopter of their systems since 1997; you'd think they would want the feedback from
a long time customer.
Jack

January 18, 1997. 15 years and 3 months.

Three DISH accounts : mine, parents,aunt. I own all receivers on all three accounts and I self installed them and the sat dishes too.

LOVE DISH !:eek:k:

HATE their Excessive Made up ,charge it because we can FEES.:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)