Any "How long have you been with Dish?" threads on the forum?

Dish Network didn't start service until 1996. I started in May 1997 with a 4000 receiver (which I still have in a closet)

As to customer service, I dread calling them but on all but two occasions the experience turned out to be better than the expectation. The two occasions that reinforced my dread of calling was when I tried to upgrade to a 622 receiver and could not get beyond the absolute requirement that a "technician" install it. The fact that I already had a 721 receiver and all the "technician" would have to do was unscrew two coax cables from the 721 and screw them in to the 622 was irrelevant. I wont throw the blame on the CSR because this was elevated to the absolute top. The issue was that Dish had a "process" that they had to go through. And not even an executive could overrule this moronic process. It was the first time I considered leaving Dish. If an executive (not an assistant, but a VP of a company) cannot figure out how to put a receiver in a box and slap a UPS label on it to send to a customer willing to PAY for it, then I was having doubts about doing business with that company.

I eventually did get my 622 through The Dish Store. I would much rather call them than Dish Network.

Installed a model 3000 for my mom back in 98 when AT40 was 19.99 per mo.She made the switch from primestar.She is still a dish customer.

Installed May of 2000 with a self install kit Dish 500 with a plastic compass over 12 years ago and many receivers later I still have the Dish self install kit box and compass .

--- don't remember the year, but i started with a 1000 receiver and then added a 2800 ---

Attachments

• $(KGrHqQOKi4E6fG-,jd2BOvrhiZjOg~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqQOKi4E6fG-,jd2BOvrhiZjOg~~60_57.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 97
Started with Dish in early 1997. I purchased a Dish and receiver package from Costco. I installed using a compass and yelling to my wife "Has the red bar turned green yet". Took about 15 minutes but got green bar. Been with Dish/Echo star ever since.

Got Dish in January of 2000, with the everything pack. Dropped to the Top250 in 2007. Canceled in July of last year came back in February with the Welcome Pack. I have had all sorts of various receivers over the years.

Started with 625 and 322, swapped 322 for 522 (loved the DVR so much had to get another one), 625 swapped for 722, 625 went in 522s place, 625 swapped for 722K, 722 swapped for 612 and 211K, hated 612 swapped for 722K. Hopper / Joey system now in place.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

At present location, I used Dish Mover option in 12/1999. At previous location I bought a Dish system for $750.00 in either 1997 or 1998. Dealt directly with Dish/Echostar, not a local installer of satellite systems. So yes I have been with Dish a bit.

This is my 14th year with Dish Network. I've had great service when needed, fair pricing, Superstations, really no complaints. I do miss the "Charlie Chats", thought it was a novel idea to have the CEO talk about his product on live TV and answer questions from his customers. Dish, Pepsi, Toyota, St. Louis Cardinals and Pappy's Smokehouse have my loyalty

August of 1999 for me. I signed up becaise it was a bit cheaper than DTV and much cheaper than my then cable provider----who I hated.

How long is long though. I consider people with more than two years experience to be long for the programming side. Tech side, I've see subs only months in who knew what they were doing and 15 year customers who didn't know their asses from their elbows.

How long is long though. I consider people with more than two years experience to be long for the programming side. Tech side, I've see subs only months in who knew what they were doing and 15 year customers who didn't know their asses from their elbows.

True that; I have a local friend who I talked into getting Dish many years ago and he still calls me whenever he has a problem. I have him writing instructions down now so he doesn't have to bother me with the
same problems over and over.
Dish has gotten their receivers pretty stable now, not like the old days when you would loose everything when the unit decided to die for no apparent reason.

Since 1998, back when it was DiSH not Dish.:) I started out with three boxes: a 1000 in the bedroom and a 4700 and 4900 in the living room so we could tape one show while watching another - I guess we were ahead of the curve, predicting the two tuner models. Would have got a dishplayer but I'd been a beta tester for WebTV and I'd seen what had happened since Microsoft bought them out.:rant: I managed to get one of the first 4900's and the local dealer promised that the 4700 would be software upgraded to a 4900. He didn't lie, it eventually was upgraded, but that's when I learned Dish's definition of sooooooooon. :coffee

November, 1998 for me. Built a weekend home on a lake north of town and needed TV service there. But we've stayed active with them all these years. As we moved from home to home. Currently we have 5 receivers installed, and 4 old ones in a closet somewhere. We used SD receivers and a couple of TIVOs for just about forever, but switched to Dish's DVRs last year so we could go HD. We liked the Tivo about 100 times better than Dish's DVR service, but we've gotten used to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts