Any idea of a release date?

Brodieb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Maryville, MO
My parents are wanting to get Dish and I keep telling them to hold off until the Hopper and Joey system launches - does anyone have any idea when that will be? I am wanting to upgrade as well but I can wait, I hate for them to get everything set up and then a newer and better system comes out a few weeks later.

I'm still hopping for 2/29, as a most fitting date. ;)

Gotta wonder- will Dish get more for it's marketing buck by announcing just before, or just after, Apple's next iPad?

Soon often means within a year or whenever we get around to it. If this comes out March 15th or earlier it will blow "soon " out of the water at least in D* and E* terms with their track records.

Soon often means within a year or whenever we get around to it. If this comes out March 15th or earlier it will blow "soon " out of the water at least in D* and E* terms with their track records.

If they make the March date they will actually be in line with all but the most optimistic predictions from the Team Summit. I wonder if Dish will get any goodwill for that from the naysayers.

I do not know an exact day but it will be in march. Dish keeps telling us it will release in march. This coming thursday they will have the retailer chat and they will be announcing most of the details we have been waiting for.

I'm still holding out for Leap Day. Don't make me wrong, Dish! I'm not used to that. ;)

I'm actually going to take a leap of faith. It will be officially announced as available for February 29th.

Might have some trouble on their hands if they train people but don't let retailers know how they can position themselves to make some money on it. Announcing availability and pricing at the same time is guaranteed to "sour some milk."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)